PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Disney park experts: Is this a good idea?

MaxPower
11-25-2009, 04:26 PM
I have a question about the International Gateway at EPCOT.

I have ordered a Park Hopper pass from a travel website and to get my Park Hopper, I must bring a printed voucher from the website to the Disney ticket Window.

My first day at the parks will be on Thursday, however I will be at the Beach Club on the Wednesday evening before.

I was thinking about walking to the International Gateway and obtaining my Park Hopper on Wednesday night around 8pm, even thogh I will not use it until the next day ( This is my strategy to avoid the ticket lines on Thursday morning.)

Will my plan work?

Will the International Gateway ticket window still be open at 8 pm when EPCOT closes at 9pm?

Can the International Gateway ticket window handle my travel website voucher situation - or is that something that can only be done at a MAIN entrance ticket window of any of the four parks?

BigRedDad
11-25-2009, 06:17 PM
It should. They have a ticket window at the International Gateway. All they are doing is loading the ticket when it is activated.

wdwnomad
11-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Even though it isn't a really long walk you might even want to try exchaning the voucher at the Concierge Desk at the Beach Club first. The conierge desks can handle most ticketing transactions.

SillySymphony
11-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Downtown Disney's Guest Relations desk might very well be your best bet for voucher trading. They are rarely busy and you can always enjoy a bite to eat before or after.

DizneyRox
11-26-2009, 10:10 PM
At that time, it will probably be a combo Guest Relations and Ticket Window over at International Gateway. They should be able to assist with whatever "problem" you might have.

Jeff
11-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Although I don't know the exact hours of the ticket window at Int. Gateway I do know that I have traded in vouchers there, in the evening cause I remember it being dark, several times. It is no problem and there is usually no line at the window.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
11-27-2009, 03:03 PM
When staying at the Epcot resorts, I have noticed at least, one ticket window open. They wouldn't want to miss out out on making a buck!

I don't anticipate you having any issues with going to the IG, but if you do, DTD will most likely be open, and we've never encountered a line!

CaptSmee
11-28-2009, 05:23 PM
International Gateway has a ticket window, you could always go over to the Studios and get your ticket as well. It's just a boat ride away!:thumbsup:

mouse2508
11-29-2009, 08:37 AM
DTD would be my suggestion as well, we've not experienced any wait at the GS desk; plus you can do a little pre-shopping tour and grab a bite (um, Earl of Sandwich sounds good :thumbsup:)

Imagineer1981
12-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I think the ticket windows close 2 hours before park close at Int. Gateway, but I could be wrong

Goes4FastPass
12-04-2009, 09:40 AM
The ticket window at the International Gateway stays open right up to park closing.

I was recently at that entrance just before 9pm with a 9pm park closing - entering to watch Illuminations.

DizneyRox
12-04-2009, 10:09 AM
I believe there are two "kiosks" outside at International Gateway. During normal hours, one is a ticket booth, the other is a guest relations window. When it's slow, Disney doesn't like to pay employees to sit around, so they close the ticket booth and do everything through the guest relations window. They used to designate the functions with a sign above each, not sure if they still do, Intl Gateway has always looked a little odd because of the themeing.

Disney standardly has a guest relations location at each of the park entrances and also inside each park. Epcot has three locations, one out at the front of the park, one at the back and then the main office under SSE.

So, as long as Epcot is open, there will be a guest relations window open at International Gateway to assist. They can do things that a normal ticket window can't do. Mostly I've done Annual Pass exchanges.

PlutoPlanet
12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
We picked up our Annual Passes at the International Gateway without any problem.