PDA

View Full Version : Best spot to hit after MK Afternoon parade?

rjmdds
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM
On our arrival day we will be heading over to the MK just in time to see the afternoon parade. We figure it is a good way to start our trip and get the kids in the mood. That being said, what is the best area of the park to hit right after the parade? My instinct is to watch the parade from Frontierland and then head to Adventureland. Or would Fantasyland be better? Anyone have any suggestions?

PrettyMinnie
11-27-2009, 10:43 AM
We always watch from Frontierland and then grab lunch at Pecos Bills. Since you're getting their in the middle of the afternoon, lines might be a little longer, but I would try to RR first, just for fun. Good luck!

Gator
11-28-2009, 12:56 PM
All areas in the park get a big bump in line right after the parades. There's no good place to go. They're all going to have an extra 10-20 minutes of line almost immediately. That's been my experience.

wdwfansince75
11-28-2009, 01:48 PM
We do not consider the Parade a "Must Do", so we usually use the parade time to beat the lines for some of our favorites. By parade time, the crowds are usually near their peak....so almost everything will be crowded. With younger kids, you may consider picking up Fast Passes for Peter Pan or Pooh, and trying Small World and PhilharMagic...at least in June, when we usually go, those lines seem to be shorter by parade time. Depending on the crowd, you might also consider the Carrousel.
Dumbo lines seem to be heavy almost all afternoon. I have done Dumbo (at MK or DL) with each of my kids, and most of my grandkids...so if they insist, then the lines are no excuse to duck it.
If your plan is to watch the parade, and head for Fantasyland, consider getting to Sleepy Hollow before the parade, and using the walkway from Sleepy Hollow to the side of the Castle....the crowd leaving Liberty Square right after the parade tends to clog the narrow passage between LS and Fantasyland....