PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Plan A Sentimental Surprise For My Mom & Me On Our Upcoming Trip

DisneyPrincess21
11-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Well in just 8 days (12/01) Me and my Mom will be leaving for our first trip to WDW with just the two of us. A little back story on me and my mom. My mom was a stay at home mom and she home-schooled me for a few different times during my life (due to us moving a lot) So we are very close (almost like friends now that I am grown up) and we like to take lots of "girls only" trips different places around our area. They usually aren't anything too fancy but it is always nice spending the time together.

Any way, one of my favorite memories of me and my mom was when I was around 4yrs old, once in a while mom would pack us a picnic lunch in this little plastic picnic basket and we would walk up a little hill near where we lived and sit and have a picnic lunch and she would read me my favorite books.

Well, the other day I came across the little picnic basket (that I haven't seen in about 20 years) and it got me thinking of how I could use it during our upcoming trip.We are driving down to WDW and I was thinking of taking the little basket and packing it in a box and secretly bringing it with us. I thought it would be cute if I could find a way to surprise mom with a picnic lunch with our little picnic basket we use to use when I was a kid.I am trying to decided which would be the best time to do this. I have come up with 2 different options, let me know what you guys think.

We are staying at CBR and I was thinking of maybe getting a lunch to go from the CS and packing it in the basket and taking it to the CBR beach for me and mom to have a picnic lunch.
Or
My other thought was maybe hopping over to the POLY and getting a CS at Captain Cooks and packing it in the basket and sitting at the POLY beach for a late dinner and watching wishes from the beach.

Can't decide which I should do. You know how much mom's love the sentimental stuff, so I know mom will be surprised and happy with either choice and I want to find a cute way to surprise her and thank her for treating me to the ultimate girls only trip because I love being at WDW.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

EpcotChic23
11-24-2009, 11:16 AM
I personally like the second option at the Poly. It is great sitting on the beach watching wishes, I enjoy doing that on my trips. I love the idea, enjoy!

Bethis26fan
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
If you do it at CBR you may have a better chance of keeping it a secret for longer. Either is awesome & I'm sure your mom will love it.