PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations

DNS
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Were all of the parks decorated for Christmas last week? Including the castle lights and Osborne lights at the studios? I know the hotels mostly decorate after Thanksgiving.

Strmchsr
11-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Yes, everything is currently up. MK was decorated as of Nov 13 (or 14 - whenever the first MVMCP was) and the other parks went up that week. This year Osborne Lights also went on at the same time (though last year it was after Thanksgiving, so who knows for next year).

11-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Yes, everything is currently up. MK was decorated as of Nov 13 (or 14

Some decor in the MK will not be "up" (large tree in Town Sq. for example) until Dec. 6.

Strmchsr
11-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Some decor in the MK will not be "up" (large tree in Town Sq. for example) until Dec. 6.

Is that a new policy? I know in previous years the big tree at MK has been up before Thanksgiving (though it's not in town square anymore. It's down by the rose garden next to the castle)

pox24
11-24-2009, 08:26 AM
I drove up last week end. MK was fully decorated. Epcot, not completely. Didn't visit other parks. Boardwalk, GF, Poly, CR, BLT only partialy decorated. Big trees are going in this week I was told. I stayed at the BW and it did not seem like the holidays at all... yet.

11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Is that a new policy?

Don't know if it is a "new policy" or not, just that when I was at the CM preview for the christmas parade I asked one of the managers at the Town Square area that was doing the filming why the big tree wasn't in place and he said that it would not be there until Dec. 6.

I'm working the Main St. area between the Square and the hub all of this week and next so I will update as soon as I see it.

Strmchsr
11-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I'm working the Main St. area between the Square and the hub all of this week and next so I will update as soon as I see it.

Great. Thanks! I knew they had moved the tree starting in 2005 or 2006 to the area by the Rose Garden for the very reason of not blocking the Main St view. Personally, I would prefer they keep it down there as opposed to Main St. I still like seeing the castle first thing.

Roland
11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Great. Thanks! I knew they had moved the tree starting in 2005 or 2006 to the area by the Rose Garden for the very reason of not blocking the Main St view. Personally, I would prefer they keep it down there as opposed to Main St. I still like seeing the castle first thing.

I haven't seen the new location yet but I'd have to agree that down by the Rose Garden is a nice place. The reason I believe, as you, is that the castle view is unobstructed.

When the forecourt castle show is in progress, the Christmas tree will be in full proximity and view of the park patrons.

I've noticed that there has been fewer Christmas decorations over the years.

The wife and I really struggled with the decision to go this year and I doubt we'll be going next December.

I travel to WDW two to three times a year.

MickeyMousse
11-24-2009, 01:51 PM
We were at Beach Club Villas 11/14-11/21 and on the morning of the 16th we came down to our foyer being fully decorated with Christmas trees and wreaths all over. When we went to the resort foyer, they had their carousel up and running. It was such a nice surprise!!!

The resorts are all decorated and most of the parks were by the time we left although some were still being worked on.

And we were able to catch the Osbourne Lights. It was great as always!

SurferStitch
11-24-2009, 01:57 PM
I remember they still had the tree in Town Square in 2007 when we were there. I did think that it looked nice there, but didn't make much sense since it did block the view of Main Street.

I think the new area near the rose garden is a great idea. Can't wait to see it!

11-24-2009, 04:12 PM
FWIW: I was told this afternoon that it will be in Town Sq. on Dec. 6 after the tapings for the Christmas parade.