PDA

View Full Version : Main Street Horse

mickeys_princess_mom
11-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Does 'the' horse on Main Street have a name? How many horse are there? DH and I were just wondering about this today....

kakn7294
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
There is more than 1. I don't know all their names but my DDs tell me that the names of at 2 of them are Lucky and Dave.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
(Should have said "horses"--the teacher in me has to make the correction :blush:) The Lucky thing does sound faintly familiar, now that you say it.

wdwfansince75
11-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Disney uses draft horses for the Main Street Streetcars either Belgians (brown) or Percherons (usually black or dappled gray).
When we stayed at Ft. Wilderness, our DD's visited them at the Tri-Circle D Ranch. Their names are on the stalls. The names are also on their bridles. We have a picture of DD's with Bob, and with Jim, the names of two of my BiL's...Didn't see a Tom or Ralph, though. Don't recall any other names.

mickeys_princess_mom
11-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Disney uses draft horses for the Main Street Streetcars either Belgians (brown) or Percherons (usually black or dappled gray).
When we stayed at Ft. Wilderness, our DD's visited them at the Tri-Circle D Ranch. Their names are on the stalls. The names are also on their bridles. We have a picture of DD's with Bob, and with Jim, the names of two of my BiL's...Didn't see a Tom or Ralph, though. Don't recall any other names.

So interesting! There's always something new to learn at Disney! Thanks! :wave:

A Big Kid
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
So interesting! There's always something new to learn at Disney! Thanks! :wave:

Also, as you enter the turnstyles, on the left is the Car Barn. They house the horses there that will be used during the day. There is always a CM in there with the horses who can answer all your questions. (There is also a checkerboard to pass some time.)

Goofy Texan
11-25-2009, 11:40 PM
I remember reading somewhere that they always alternate different-colored horses. They don't want guests to think any one horse is getting overworked.