PDA

View Full Version : Question about BWV

phlo8810
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
I was using the points calculator on dvcmember.com and was planning a future trip. When asked to pick a room it offered me the choices of standard, preferred, and boardwalk views. Does this mean that if I book a boardwalk view as a dvc member I ama guarenteed it? I have requested it in the past but never gotten it. I know if I book a certain view at BLT I will get it but I was wondering if it applied to the BWV as well. Thanks

CanadianWDWFan
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
When we booked our Boardwalk view for this past summer we got the Boardwalk view. It isn't a request, it is a booking since you "paid" for it with your points. Since these views carry different point values where you book determines the number of points required for that view. Where you get on the Boardwalk view is a request.

Basket Mommy
11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
We did standard view @ Boardwalk last August. It's definitely worth the few extra points to get the preferred or Boardwalk view. Believe me. Our room was a LOOOOOOOONG walk from the elevator. At the time we didn't have the few extra points, though. Lesson learned!

DVC Mike
11-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I was using the points calculator on dvcmember.com and was planning a future trip. When asked to pick a room it offered me the choices of standard, preferred, and boardwalk views. Does this mean that if I book a boardwalk view as a dvc member I ama guarenteed it? I have requested it in the past but never gotten it. I know if I book a certain view at BLT I will get it but I was wondering if it applied to the BWV as well. Thanks

Standard, Preferred and Boarwalk views are booking categories and not mere requests. If you are able to book a boardwalk view room, that is what you'll get upon checkin.

Maleficent's Dad
11-23-2009, 07:49 PM
We did standard view @ Boardwalk last August. It's definitely worth the few extra points to get the preferred or Boardwalk view. Believe me. Our room was a LOOOOOOOONG walk from the elevator. At the time we didn't have the few extra points, though. Lesson learned!
You can have a very long walk from the elevators to a BW view (or preferred view) as well!