PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dye Question

DVC2004
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know how to fix a brassy blonde, after the fact? Anything that can be done other than getting it re-colored?

kakn7294
11-22-2009, 05:05 PM
You can buy a kit in the hair-color aisle that is supposed to remove brassiness. I don't know how well they work. Be careful that you don't get the stripper - you'll end up with yellow or white hair. Your best bet would probably be to seek professional advice.

WishingStar2006
11-22-2009, 09:00 PM
If you get brassy results it means you should be using a color with ash tones to it. Short of re-coloring it (which should be done by a professinal at this point) is to wash it MANY times!!! Good luck!

BrerGnat
11-23-2009, 01:52 PM
There are shampoos that you can get at beauty supply stores to "tone down" the brassiness. They usually contain a purple dye (don't let it scare you!). Use gloves when you wash your hair with this stuff.

And, yes, in the future, use a shade of ASH blonde. Stay away from "light blonde" or any color with the word "golden" in it.

Disney4us2
11-23-2009, 02:04 PM
You can buy a kit in the hair-color aisle that is supposed to remove brassiness. I don't know how well they work. Be careful that you don't get the stripper - you'll end up with yellow or white hair. Your best bet would probably be to seek professional advice.

I found this out about 23 years ago when I wanted to go blonde and I have med/dark brown hair. I stripped it and used a strawberry blonde. It looked nice on the box. But I came out with bright orange hair:oops::funny: I looked like a walking carrot. I stripped it again and went with a different color blonde. It came out nice but it ruined my hair. It took about a year after I went back to my original color for the hair to be normal again.

SurferStitch
11-23-2009, 03:54 PM
I would go to a professional. They will know the best way to fix the brassiness.

I only get my highlights/lowlights done by my hair stylist...she's amazing. She has never let me down once!

She just did my hair a few days ago, and the color is perfect.

Spend the money, and let a professional fix it. You will be much happier! :thumbsup: