PDA

View Full Version : Add On Points

fupresti
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
What is the smallest number of points you can buy to gain access to another home resort? We own at VGC, but would like the convenience of adding on BCV or BWV.

MinnieMommie
11-22-2009, 06:18 AM
25 I believe :mickey:

DVC Mike
11-22-2009, 07:17 AM
25 if paying cash and 50 if financing.

DizneyRox
11-22-2009, 09:29 AM
While I hear what you are doing, just so you know, while you're get another home resort, ONLY THE POINTS YOU OWN AT THE NEW RESORT WILL BE USABLE AT THE 11 MONTH WINDOW.

In your case, if you add on 25 points, those 25 points would be usable to book at the 11 month window at the new resort and the rest of your contract would be available to use there at the 7 month window (if there are any rooms left).

The home resort goes with the points not with the contract.

lockedoutlogic
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
While I hear what you are doing, just so you know, while you're get another home resort, ONLY THE POINTS YOU OWN AT THE NEW RESORT WILL BE USABLE AT THE 11 MONTH WINDOW.

In your case, if you add on 25 points, those 25 points would be usable to book at the 11 month window at the new resort and the rest of your contract would be available to use there at the 7 month window (if there are any rooms left).

The home resort goes with the points not with the contract.

:ditto: It doesn't seem like you're looking at this one from the right angle (the OP...that is)....you have to try to figure out how many points you need for travel to WDW, and how frequently you plan on doing it...to not get stuck.

IF you're a once every year or two...or three type....you can use bank and borrow to maybe cut down on the number purchased....