PDA

View Full Version : Must-Do Christmas Activities?

beksy
11-21-2009, 02:59 PM
We are going to be making a trip right after Christmas and will be there about 4 days while Christmas activities are still in full-swing (I think!). This is our first time there during this time and I know to expect heavy crowds and to not get everything done. Our plan is to mainly devote those days to Christmas activities and then the rest of our trip to regular park activities. So, for a first-timer, what is the one (or more) not-to-miss activities you would suggest? TIA! :sleigh: :deer: :santa:

tink'72
11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
We will be there for christmas this year and one of the things that is a must do for us is visiting the resorts to view all of the decorations. Grand Floridian has the huge Gingerbread house in their lobby that is a MUSt see!

faline
11-21-2009, 03:45 PM
This (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp) might be a good starting point!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Studios-Osbourne lights, Epcot-Candlelight processional if it's still going on and the Holiday Illuminations with the special ending. The Christmas Parade at the Magic Kingdom.
In the resorts, go to the Grand Floridian and the Yacht, Beach Club & Boardwalk to see all their displays.

Disney4us2
11-22-2009, 11:04 AM
We were there a few year back for DD's birthday (before Christmas).

At Epcot WS they had Santa's from around the world. I found learning about the Santa's from each country interesting and the traditions of the countries. Do they still have that?

I also loved the Osborn lights at DHS and the gingerbread house at GF. I loved seeing all the decorations at the parks/resorts.

Have a fun time:mickey:

ibrowse17
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
We enjoy checking out the resort decorations. They are a wonder to see, and a good way to get away from the crowds for a while. Enjoy:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
11-22-2009, 01:34 PM
All that is listed here but we particularly enjoy the lights on the center walkway leading from Future World to World Showcase to the tree in World Showcase.

The lights there are synched to Carol of the Bells, at least that's the only song I remember...

Hark how the bells
Sweet silver bells
All seem to say
Throw cares away
with a flash of lights on each line.

stephntampa
11-22-2009, 05:49 PM
We called and reserved a golf cart at FW campground, then drove it through all the RV loops (at night) to check out the decorations. The displays were fantastic.. great fun!!

faline
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
All that is listed here but we particularly enjoy the lights on the center walkway leading from Future World to World Showcase to the tree in World Showcase.

Unfortunately, this display will not be seen this year.

d_m_n_n
11-22-2009, 06:40 PM

:( This will be missed...

JPL
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade is alot of fun at AK

Goes4FastPass
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM

Unfortunate is right. Some idiot probably decided unless they could sell some double TS credit lunch at 10am or 3pm and tie it to a preferred space experience at the display there was no reason to bother to set it up.

Gator
11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
I've been twice during Christmas, and here are my musts:

1)Candlelight Processional
2)Christmas Party at MK (parades and castle stage shows are the best)
3)Illuminations with Christmas post-show extra
4)A Christmas Carol by the World Showcase Players in the United Kingdom Pavillion - Hillarious!

And enjoy all the Christmas music. I'm having to listen to lots of Disney Internet Radio this time of year to get me through. I miss it a lot.

nellyj
11-26-2009, 06:43 AM
how do you find out when the christmas carol is being performed please ? we've been in december a few times and this is a new one for us...be lovely to see it. :mickey:

beksy
11-26-2009, 09:48 AM
4)A Christmas Carol by the World Showcase Players in the United Kingdom Pavillion - Hillarious!

I hadn't even thought about special shows at World Showcase and nothing I've read has mentioned this one. Thanks so much! Does anybody else have any good ideas for World Showcase?

Thanks everybody for all the great ideas! :sleigh: Can you rent the golf carts for short-term (just one evening to drive around?) and how much does this cost? This sounds like a lot of fun too! So much to do...I see another Christmas trip in our future! :santa:

Airblue1
11-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Do everything you possibly can. Christmas is awesome in the parks and resorts!

nellyj
11-29-2009, 06:01 AM
what are RV loops ?? sorry if im being a bit daft:sleigh::deer::deer::deer:

Daisy'sMom
11-29-2009, 06:07 PM

Just got back and we were really disappointed in the decorations this year. We took some family members that had never been this time of year and bragged about the decorations all the way there. And what a surprise. There is hardly any decorations this year.
Yes, there is Main Street, there is World Showcase and of course Osbourne Lights, but we used to enjoy the little things. None of the lands at MK are decorated, Future World is barren. Even the stores hardly have any decorations this year. DH said he won't be back next year. I am sad. :(

Goes4FastPass
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
what are RV loops ?? sorry if im being a bit daft:sleigh::deer::deer::deer: The Recreational Vehicle loops. Some people set up elaborate (elaborate!) displays. Did I mention some of those displays are elaborate?

Goes4FastPass
11-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Just got back and we were really disappointed in the decorations this year. We took some family members that had never been this time of year and bragged about the decorations all the way there. And what a surprise. There is hardly any decorations this year.
Yes, there is Main Street, there is World Showcase and of course Osbourne Lights, but we used to enjoy the little things. None of the lands at MK are decorated, Future World is barren. Even the stores hardly have any decorations this year. DH said he won't be back next year. I am sad. :(

Sorry to hear this. We watched the HG channel program on decorating at WDW last night and talked about returning to WDW during the Christmas season.