PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm going to sound like a total idiot for asking this, but....

Lakin
11-21-2009, 11:21 AM
What in the world is a churro? My friends on other forums and here always talk about how they're craving churros, and I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

DisneyPrincess21
11-21-2009, 11:27 AM
What in the world is a churro? My friends on other forums and here always talk about how they're craving churros, and I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

It's a mexican dessert, it's like a really long soft twisted breadstick and they are rolled in cinnamon and sugar

btw, not a stupid question at all :wave:

Lakin
11-21-2009, 11:29 AM
It's a mexican dessert, it's like a really long soft twisted breadstick and they are rolled in cinnamon and sugar

btw, not a stupid question at all :wave:

Mmm, that sounds good. Now I know why they crave them all the time. Where in Disney World can I find churros? (My mom and I are kind of making a list of foods to try this trip.)

Tinkermom
11-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Mmm, that sounds good. Now I know why they crave them all the time. Where in Disney World can I find churros? (My mom and I are kind of making a list of foods to try this trip.)

A churro is long piece of dough, twisted and fried then dipped in cinnamon and sugar- YUM!

You can get one in Mexico at Epcot at the outdoor bar area. There are also churro carts in various places around the World. :mickey:

ENJOY!

Disney4us2
11-21-2009, 11:37 AM
They have cart throught the parks. They are a must have for DD everytime we go to DLR.

Figment!
11-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Where in Disney World can I find churros?

Frontierland Churro Wagon at Magic Kingdom
Dino Bite Snacks at Animal Kingdom
Harambe Popcorn at Animal Kingdom
Cantina de San Angel at Epcot
Boardwalk Joe's at Disney's Boardwalk
Maya Grill at Disney's Coranoda Spring Resort
Dessert Cart at Downtown Disney Westside

NotaGeek
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
For the best churros you must go to ... DISNEYLAND! :mickey:

For some reason the West Coast's Churro Carts win hands down.

Disney4us2
11-22-2009, 12:30 AM
For the best churros you must go to ... DISNEYLAND! :mickey:

For some reason the West Coast's Churro Carts win hands down.

:ditto: We always stop at the cart in front of the castle. It has become a ritual:mickey:

BrerGnat
11-22-2009, 01:09 AM
Definition: A churro is a fried-dough snack which originated in Spain, and is popular in the Spanish-speaking Caribbean islands. It is sometimes referred to as a Spanish doughnut.
Also Known As: Spanish doughnut

The long, ridged churros are very American, in fact. This is the way they are mass produced. The dough (actually more similar to a thick waffle batter) is sent through extruders in a long snake, then dropped into hot oil. They are cut when they come out of the oil, into long "sticks". Typically, they are rolled or dusted in cinnamon sugar. They should be served warm. The ones at DLR are pretty good. There are lots of producers of them here on the West Coast. They are popular in Mexican fast food restaurants around here as well. If you have ever had the ones at Costco, they are the same ones DLR has...

LVT
11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks to all from another uninformed reader.