PDA

View Full Version : Christmas parades & Fireworks?

ToDisney
11-20-2009, 10:06 PM
It has been a while since we have been to Disney at Christmas. Can anyone tell me what other than the Osborne lights there is at Hollywood Studios that has a Christmas theme?
How about at Magic Kingdom... I know the Castle Lights, but if we are there on Dec 12th will they have the Christmas Wishes??
What about Parades? Do they have ANY Christmas parades other than the one at the Christmas Party?
Thanks for any help!!!

DisneyPrincess21
11-20-2009, 10:55 PM
It has been a while since we have been to Disney at Christmas. Can anyone tell me what other than the Osborne lights there is at Hollywood Studios that has a Christmas theme?
How about at Magic Kingdom... I know the Castle Lights, but if we are there on Dec 12th will they have the Christmas Wishes??
What about Parades? Do they have ANY Christmas parades other than the one at the Christmas Party?
Thanks for any help!!!

They only show holiday wishes and the christmas parade during MVMCP, unless you are there during Christmas week.

lighteningqueen
11-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Yes everything is themed for Christmas if you go in not in the mood you will be no matter what park. It is the best of the best to see all the lights. See the Christmas shows at the castle, etc. Everything and everywhere is decorated up. We will be there for the 3rd time in a row for DEC 7-16 and it won't be enough again.You will love it and enjoy it all you can because no matter how many days you ahve it is never enough.

DisneyDudet
11-27-2009, 04:08 PM
At the Studios, the main Christmas themed event is the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. There are decorations EVERYWHERE, so that should be enough to check out!

At AK, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade transforms into Mickey's JINGLE Jungle Parade! The sounds and music are transformed into Christmas fun, and the characters don their winter gear!

Apart from MVMCP, there are plenty of Christmas cheer at the MK! There are the beautiful decorations and yummy winter treats. The lights on Cinderella Castle are not just turned on like your house. They are turned on in Disney style, every night for everyone, even on party evenings. Cinderella's Holiday Wish Stage Show starts the evening off right, then the castle transforms into a winter majesty! The Holday Wishes fireworks spectacular and Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade are presented especially for MVMC Partygoers, except Christmas Week, when all Parties are concluded.

Epcot has a PLENTY to do! You can celebrate the holidays from all around the world. Most, if not all of the countries in the World Showcase have a storyteller, regaling guests with the story and traditions of the holidays in their country. Every evening, choirs from all over the country join with a famous narrator to tell the tale of the first Christmas in The Candlelight Processional. Offered three times each night, this is a VERY popular event that is complimentary with your theme park admission. People line up early in the day for the chance to see this great show. The only way to guarantee your party a seat is to do the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. You will be booked in one of the showings for priority seating, plus enjoy a meal at one of the great TS restaurants in Epcot! You can cap off your evening with the special holiday finale during Illuminations!

villavic
11-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Does the country bear jamboree still shows the xmas performance? I saw it in 1990 beautiful

DisneyDudet
11-28-2009, 10:49 PM
I believe they do, but last time I saw it, it was in 2005, I believe.