PDA

View Full Version : Got an e-mail about tickets for the taping of the Christmas parade

jillluvsdisney
11-20-2009, 06:02 PM
I have tickets for the taping at 7 am, December 4rth. Has anyone ever been part of this that can tell me what it's like?

All I know is the e-mail said to wear red (no logos or advertising) and look festive.

faline
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
I would suspect it's a lot of waiting around for something to happen. We went to the parade once, on Christmas day, when it was shown live. We headed to the Magic Kingdom very early in the morning and found a space along Main Street. Then we waited....and waited...and waited some more. It was sort of fun because we had some wonderful folks around us also waiting. We had watched Disney parades many times - generally 20 minutes or so later the parade is over. On this occasion, the 20 minute parade took about 3 hours. The parade would come down Main Street and then stop for long periods of time, while, on TV, they were showing commercial breaks. Then the parade would go a little more and then we would wait some more. I'm glad we got the opportunity to participate on this occasion but wouldn't go out of our way to do it again!

Strmchsr
11-20-2009, 07:08 PM
In general, the Friday taping is the music acts in front of the castle. They'll group all of you in front of the castle and bring out the dancers and tape them. Then they'll bring out the band and tape their close ups. Then they'll bring out the "star" and tape their performances. So, as Linda said it's a lot of standing around and waiting. Fun when it's happening, but be prepared to stand and do nothing for periods while they set up and reset.

clausjo
11-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I got one too, for Saturday, but when I tried to go to the sight to find out how to download my tickets, they said they were all taken. Ah well, maybe another time.

cd3000
11-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I got them also, are we allowed to stay in the park after the taping? or do they kick us out

DisneyPrincess21
11-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I got them also, are we allowed to stay in the park after the taping? or do they kick us out

You get to stay after the tapping as well.
LUCKY!! :thedolls: j/k ;)

Mrs Bus Driver
11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
we will be staying at the resort on those days. Will MK be open or closed to the public during reg park hours on the 4/5?

DisneyPrincess21
11-20-2009, 08:47 PM
we will be staying at the resort on those days. Will MK be open or closed to the public during reg park hours on the 4/5?

It will be open to the public as well, on the parade days

cd3000
12-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know if tomorrows taping will be canceled also? Suppose to rain again Saturday.

12-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Saturday taping is cancelled. Going to be all rescheduled for Sunday. This will also push back the rest of the Christmas decor going up. Tree would have been up on Sunday morning but now will be Monday at the earliest.

wildernesslady
12-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know if Regis will be there since he just had hip surgery?

cd3000
12-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Nope dont think Regis will be there. Just Kelly according to the email I got that Fri and Sat taping has been moved to Sun.

They will be taping the parade, Jonas Brothers, Steve Rushton and the Santa Buddies. And it says host Kelly Ripa. on Thurs taping Nick Cannon was introducing Kris Allen and Yanni

tys_mommy
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
How does one get on an email listing for this? We'll be there this time next year and it sounds like fun. I booked our reservations through Disney is that all I should have to do?