PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ever bought J-41 shoes?

SurferStitch
11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I just bought the most adorable pair of wedge Mary Janes by J-41 at Macy's tonight. I wanted a casual shoe that had a decent wedge (about 2") to wear in the parks. I don't like flats, and I'm not a sneaker girl, so I wanted something a little flashy and cute. I also wanted something that would be good for cooler weather than flip flops and sandals might be. These are more subdued than I normally wear (I'm a 4"+ heel gal....I love heels!)

I found these Zephyrs by J-41 in a charcoal color with floral cutouts in the upper. They have a pewter metallic lining underneath, an adjustable velcro band along the top, and little flowers in the sole of the shoe. And, I got them for only $60!! (Sticker price was $129). All of the J-41 shoes were originally $119 and up....ouch.

They seem sooooo comfy, and I can't wait to wear them in WDW. I was just wondering if anyone has ever gotten J-41 shoes before, and if they have had good experiences with them.

rubato
11-20-2009, 08:32 AM
I've never worn them, but I just wanted to say that I think they're adorable! They look like a good idea for walking in if you're a heel girl (me too). I have a pair of suede mary janes with a 3" wedge that I'm wearing to the parks. I would just wear flip flops but we're going in January. If I need something warmer, I don't want to be stuck with tennies.

Good choice!

SurferStitch
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I measured the heel, and they're actually about 3" high. It just doesn't look or feel that high since they have a little platform.

I'm wearing them around today while running errands, and I'm loving them!

Tinkermom
11-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I have a pair and also got them with the intent of using at WDW. They are so comfy and look great too HOWEVER...

The tread on one shoe started coming off in several spots after just 4 weeks! I tried to take them back to Nordstrom to exchange (got mine on sale also) but after MUCH back and forth with phone calls they were out. (Nordstrom held my shoes for a WEEK to try to see if another store had them but then FORGOT about me even after my calling them 4 times during the week :mad: ).

I did end up keeping the shoes because they were so comfy and breathable. DH has had to cut and re-glue them several times. For a shoe that costs this much I expected better quality. :(:(:(

SurferStitch
11-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Wow. I hope I don't have that problem! I agree... for the original high cost that should never happen. Unfortunately, I've found that my more expensive shoe brands tend to have the same issue. I've had expensive dress shoes and boots get loose soles and separation of the upper from the sole.

Cheap sandals from Kmart? Never a problem. Go figure.