PDA

View Full Version : Question for DVC members about point add ons...

ryels
11-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not a DVC member, but my wife and I have been doing a lot of research and thinking that we might buy a resale at some point in the future.

My question is about the add-on contracts that I've read about. Is there a minimum of points you have to buy for an add-on? Or do they come in certain increments?

Just sort of thinking long term in case we buy and decide to add points later.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

DVC2004
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
If you buy the add on directly through Disney, the minimum purchase is 25 points but it does not have to be in any increment. So you could by 42 points, or 68, or whatever as long as it's more than 25. Generally speaking anything 25-49 points is a cash deal; Disney will finance anything over 50 and incentives are usually offered over 100.

If you buy resale you can buy any amount. Just a word of caution: everyone gets a use year. That is the time of year you get your points. Be careful when adding on via resale to try and get the same use year as your main contract. (Disney add ons are the same use year). Otherwise, you may have a nightmare when it comes to planning, reserving and banking. Hope this helped!

ryels
11-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Great info! That's just what I was looking for.

What our hope was is that maybe we could buy a resale for a relatively small amount of points (100 or less), then as finances allow, we could add more points over the years directly through Disney.

Thanks again!

DVC2004
11-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Great info! That's just what I was looking for.

What our hope was is that maybe we could buy a resale for a relatively small amount of points (100 or less), then as finances allow, we could add more points over the years directly through Disney.

Thanks again!

That's a good plan and that is what alot of people do. Just get that same use year because it will make your life alot easier. :thumbsup: