PDA

View Full Version : What comes first?

Ms. Mode
11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Do you think that parades should come first at WDW?

You see, the magic of WDW is different for everyone, some think that the pools are the place to hang out, others want parades, others like the rides, while some are into shopping.

What's your thing?

BigThunderFan
11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Rides definitely! Then the parades/fireworks/shows. And of course a nice dip in the pool is wonderful when you can fit it around all the other things!

rubato
11-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Fireworks for us. Then, in order: characters, parades, shows, rides, food. Don't care too much about the pool because there are pools everywhere.

Bass T-bone
11-20-2009, 01:46 AM
For me it's the uniqueness of the place. Parades & Fireworks... I wouldn't say that these are common but they can be found according to the season almost anywhere in America. Rides on the other hand... Nobody does it better than Disney because every ride has a story to tell. This sets them apart from even "traditional" rides that you might find at a carnival or (cough) Six Flags.

So for me... it's the rides :number1:

EpcotChic23
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
My order is weird I love the rides and stuff but I really enjoy the food and shopping down there. I feel there is so much variety down there I can try something or buy something diffrent all the time.

DVC2004
11-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Attractions and dining are the 2 biggest things we love at WDW, followed by the fireworks. I am not into parades and we usually don't wait around to watch them. If we happen to be passing by when one is going on, we'll pause and watch (but not get in front of anyone who was waiting- that is my pet peeve!!! We watch from behind or if we find an open spot). In April, after all these years of going, we finally caught Spectromagic and it was by accident. But we watched it and now we've seen it.

beksy
11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
For me it is the rides and taking pictures to document the trip followed by dining and shopping. If I see a favorite character, this all changes and I have to get in line! We always watch Spectro if we are there at that time and Wishes but don't go out of our way for more than one time per trip. This changes when I'm with my sister and mom. When it is just my sister and me, the order stays pretty much the same but she is more interested in pools and less in photographs. When Mom is with us EVERYTHING is put aside for Chip and Dale. Then it would be the rides, followed by dining and shopping (after the first day shopping may move into first place!). :mickey:

TinkerBell-Bell
11-20-2009, 04:13 PM
For me it's probably the rides, but the holiday really isn't complete without seeing each different parade and fireworks.

disneykid@hrt
11-20-2009, 08:19 PM
The rides are probably what we focus on the most. Second is SHOPPING!! So much to look at.

But really, for me, it's just BEING there. When I round the corner at the hub and catch a glimpse of the castle. Or seeing my daughter's mouth drop in amazement at a fountain. Or better yet, getting a kiss at just the right moment. When it feels like this magic moment was made just for me- even though I'm surrounded by thousands.

I'll smell something or see something and all of the sudden I'm 6 years old again- no mortgage(s), no obnoxious customer on line 2. Just the "I'm at Disney World- AHHHHHHH" feeling.

Priceless.

kemps@wdw
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
What comes first? Whatever you want!

pdrlkr
11-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Fireworks for us! :fworks: