PDA

View Full Version : Reservations???

Lelandmm
11-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Do we really NEED reservations for lunch?
We are staying at an Off Property Time Share in Kissimmiee. We will be eating breakfast there.
We are there Dec 6-Dec 11, so most of the parks close fairly early. So we plan to try to eat dinner every night at the resort or a nearby restaurant.

I am worried about LUNCH. From what I see and read, just about every place, no matter the service, requires reservations.

I dont know just yet which days we will be in which parks. So I have no idea where to even start with Lunch reservations.

It is 3 adults on this trip. Character meals are not needed.
I'm just thinking of counter service, faster meals because that is what I am used to in the other theme parks.

Iluvpooh
11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
If you are only thinking about Counter Sevice meals, then no- reservations are not needed.

Mysttree
11-19-2009, 12:37 PM
If you only want quick service- counter service then you CAN'T make reservations.
However since you aren't traveling with kiddos I might take the opportunity to eat at some of the nicer places that you might not get the chance to otherwise.
I checked with the online dining reservations for places in Epcot like Tutto Italia & Les Chefs de France- both still have some availability- particularly for 1:45pm or later. If you're interested in something like these, I would suggest you make ADR's.
However if you want a counter service that offers something a bit different than burgers/sandwhiches- I'd suggest the Yakatori house in Japan.
Whatever you choose- enjoy your trip!

Lelandmm
11-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm just afraid to make reservations and then we are "stuck" with that place, that meal time, that park.
Personally, I want to go to Animal Kingdom the first day, since I am told that is where Pocahontas normally hangs out.
Then I figured DHS the next day since that did not exist the last time I was there (1984).

But I have no idea what we will feel like for the next 3 days. I dont want to be a schedule nazi, but I dont want to miss anything either!

The only restaurant I dont want to miss is Pecos Bill in MK. Only because my dad sang the Pecos Bill song to me when I was a little girl!

Mysttree
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
It sounds like you are a go-with-the-flow, easy-going sort of person.
That being the case, just enjoy! You aren't going at a super-busy time of the year.
You will probably (hopefully) get to walk-in if you do decide to do a sit-down meal.
You might enjoy Mama Melrose at DHS. Personally my favorite's are either all in Epcot or at the resorts.
Even AK has a decent counter service place next to yak & yeti...
Have a super, terrific, wonderful time!! :mickey:
And best part- you will probably just walk on to most of the rides!! :number1:

SurferStitch
11-19-2009, 04:24 PM
We rarely make lunch ADR's, and have always gotten into the restaurants we want. In a 10 day trip we usually eat about 5 sit down lunches, usually on days we don't do a big breakfast.

What DH and I usually do is decide which park we'll be visiting that day when we wake up, and then call to make an ADR for lunch. It has worked out very well for us for the past 13 years now.

Good luck! You'll be in WDW when we are (12/2 - 12/13).

chrisie703
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Since you don't want character meals, you can make reservations to most places without a deposit. So, if you make reservations, then decide that you don't want to go to that park, or eat at that resturant that day, just call as soon as you know, and cancel the reservation.
I think that lunch reservations are not as hard to get as breakfast or dinner, so you might be able to get walk ups, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Good luck.:mickey:

LVT
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
There are plenty of food choices not requiring reservations. A few ADR might be nice however, and if you are not hungry enough there are specialty desserts or appetizers to enjoy while resting from the hiking.