PDA

View Full Version : Mvmcp

kwhitt3202
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
we just bought our tickets for our trip in 10 days:party:There will be DH DS(4) and myself. What are the must do's for your family.

Ms. Mode
11-19-2009, 10:44 AM
The "mountains" at MK :thumbsup:

And, we like Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White too. :mickey:

SorcererJim
11-19-2009, 12:30 PM
I think the OP was asking about the christmas party... I always say "Rides come second" to the parades, shows and Holiday Wishes... those are the things you are really paying for... and not sure, but they used to give away hot coco and cookies. Rides should only be ridden after you have seen all the other stuff.

Have a great time!

Ms. Mode
11-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Oops, my bad :blush:

Thanks for the smack down SJ..you have a magical day :)

DisneyPrincess21
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
I think the OP was asking about the christmas party... I always say "Rides come second" to the parades, shows and Holiday Wishes... those are the things you are really paying for... and not sure, but they used to give away hot coco and cookies. Rides should only be ridden after you have seen all the other stuff.

Have a great time!

we just bought our tickets for our trip in 10 days:party:There will be DH DS(4) and myself. What are the must do's for your family.

While I do agree that the parades, fireworks, and special MVMCP stuff isn't to be missed. Don't forget you can get into Magic Kingdom at 4:00pm with your MVMCP ticket and you can ride all the rides you want before the party starts at 7:00pm :thumbsup:

After you ride all your rides, get a late CS for dinner or snack and some of the free hot cocoa and cookies and go find yourself a good spot to watch Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime parade.

:santa3: We will be at the party on 12/03! This will be my second MVMCP (first one was last year) I can't wait! :santa3:

:tink:
I hope you have a magical vacation :wave:

cardinalsfan_98
11-19-2009, 02:16 PM
The snow on Main Street is also a unique experience not to be missed! There are various character spots all around the park, but do expect a little bit of a wait for them.

SorcererJim
11-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Oops, my bad :blush:

Thanks for the smack down SJ..you have a magical day :)

Never a smack down... just wanted the OP to get all the info they wanted (why I come to intercot... oh heck, I come to intercot even when I dont have a trip planned ;))

But, to be fair... the mountains are definitly a "dont miss" :)

Bass T-bone
11-20-2009, 12:53 AM
How long are you going to be staying?

Try breaking up your routine with some shopping. Visit some of the other Disney resorts. This will give you something to think about as you plan your next visit.

Mini Golf is always fun...

What is your little one's favorite Disney movie? There is a ride or item affiliated with just about any Disney movie.

lighteningqueen
11-20-2009, 01:38 AM
You are asking what to do while at the party right?? We the castle has a show on the stage and it was really good don not miss it. it snows while it is going as well. You have to stand so you might want to do that one early as your feet give out for that bit. Twas the night no longer is playing so that is out but the best thing of all is the parade. it is wonderful or should I say my favorite part are the marching soldiers and you will not see them at the other parades which is too bad as they make Christmas. Quite a few things in the parade are only for that night. They say the cocoa and cookies are free but you paid $60.00 for them so eat a bunch.. The rides are fun at night and that night. Not crowded at all. We walked on BTMR 2 times ion a row. Mainly the parade and the show is the only thing different but it is a must at least one time.

Mitzie
11-20-2009, 08:33 AM
We will be there the 8th!! Have never done the Christmas party only NSSHP. My DH loved those fireworks..hoping for more of the same.

Imagineer1981
11-20-2009, 10:48 AM
The snow on Main Street is also a unique experience not to be missed! There are various character spots all around the park, but do expect a little bit of a wait for them.

just don't eat the snow or let it get in your eyes...ugh!

jnfr2424
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
IMO The Dance parties are not to be missed - we went last year and even though it rained we had THE BEST TIME at the dance parties! :thumbsup:

joanna71985
11-20-2009, 01:44 PM
My must-dos include watching Celebrate the Seasons (the castle show), watch the parade and fireworks, meet the characters, and enjoy the hot chocolate and cookies

DisneyKim22
11-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Absolutely do not miss the lighting of the castle. Seeing the castle in the "Ice" lights at any time during the evening is magical, but watching the actual turning on of the lights is a memory that will last forever! It's truly a magical way to kick off the party.

I know they don't just light it on party nights, but it's still a great way to start the party.

cardinalsfan_98
11-20-2009, 05:29 PM
just don't eat the snow or let it get in your eyes...ugh!
LOL...that's another whole unique experience in itself!!!

Disnamic Duo
11-23-2009, 02:43 PM
We just got back. We went to MVMCP last Tuesday night (11/17). I highly recommend seeing the parade! It was the best parade I've ever seen!

Giselle
11-23-2009, 04:45 PM
We just got back from the World and the MVMCP! It was awesome and well worth the price. I always try to do things at the party which are exclusive to the party - you can ride the rides any time! The must dos are: hot chocolate and cookies, meet the characters in their costumes ( my daughter rode Aladdin's caprets with some characters) and of course the parade and fire works. There are no lines for anything and everyone treats you like a VIP. Have fun!