PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic cutbacks and park attendance?

Lynn J Mc
11-19-2009, 08:44 AM
We are going to take advantage of the 4+3 in Feb. I can't believe that they are only having Fantasmic twice while we are there. I'm wondering if this has increased attendance at DHS on days Fantasmic is scheduled. I also couldn't get an ADR for a dinner package. Hoping to have luck with that closer to time.

Lisa and Alan
11-19-2009, 09:49 AM
My Advice is to keep trying for the Fantasmic dinner package. There were only two nights when I was there from 11/3-11/12. When I checked from home, there was only one show for each of those two nights and I was told there were no dinner packages available because they sell such a limited amount within minutes of becoming available. But once I was actually in WDW, I checked again for which nights had Fantasmic, and was pleasantly surprised that there were actually two shows on each of the two nights. I was glad I rechecked. Also, I tried calling the day of Fantasmic from our room and was able to book a Fantasmic dinner package at the last minute. I called at 7:00 am.; they must have had a cancellation. They only book dinner pkg.'s for the earlier evening show because the second show is usually not as crowded. So don't give up. With the package, you can show up 30-45 minutes before the show for your seating. The view is excellent where ever you sit, but we prefer towards the top, so it is easier to exit after the show, and you won't get wet from the water mist. Good luck.

Goes4FastPass
11-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Listen Up and don't make the same mistake I did last month.

When you get to your resort check the Times Guide for DHS hours and Fantasmic performances.

We found out too late shows were added and we would have gone if we had checked.

My guess is (isn't it refreshing to read something that's a guess and the writer actually says it's a guess?), they schedule Fantasmic conservatively but as park attendance and resort reservations increase they add Fantasmic performances - better to add shows then cancel scheduled shows.

Anyway, more shows may be scheduled - check after you arrive at WDW.