PDA

View Full Version : For What At WDW Are You Most Thankful?

darthmacho
11-18-2009, 10:30 AM
:turkey: Since Thanksgiving is rapidly approaching, and we'll all be too busy next week to ponder such things, I thought I'd pose this question now:

What is the one thing in the WDW Theme Parks are you most thankful for? It could be a ride or show, a particular restaurant or food item, a parade, a character, or anything else, really, that you just want to say "Thank you, WDW, for fulfilling this for me." The more specific the better!

I'll start by saying "Thank You WDW" for World Showcase, which expanding my culinary horizons (and possibly my waistline-lol) by introducing me to such wonderful foods such as mole poblano, lefke bread, and spicy couscous, none of which I had ever heard, let alone eaten. I'm also a much less picky eater and I'm more willing to try new things. I also like to cook as I seek out more recipes that harken back to WDW meals- and themes! :eat:

Okay, now what have you got? :mickey:

TinyDancer
11-18-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm thankful for the way I feel when I'm there, and that it gives me something to look forward to!!!

SBETigg
11-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm thankful for the fantasy of it all, that it's a whole world of escape from the real world.

Scar
11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
International Gateway. Really the whole ability to get from WS to Hotel to DHS, etc. Only rode the bus once last trip.

vicster
11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm thankful for the Poolside Lemonades at the pool bar!

DisneyFr33k
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
The Food and Wine Festival in the Fall.

Air Conditioning in the summer!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm thankful just for getting to be there and escape real life for a few wonderful fantasy filled days where its okay to act like a kid:cloud9:

cer
11-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I am thankful for the cast members. To me they are what make the magic.....

jenny1976
11-18-2009, 11:39 AM
A chance to relive my childhood everytime I go. AND...the chance to have a place where I am given the chance to feel like everyone else, it makes me forget my disability.:cloud9:
19 DAYS AWAY from
Mr. Mouse!!!!:blush::party::number1::D:thumbsup:

Joannelet
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM
I am thankful that they have not taken CHRISTMAS out of everything like other places have done. I'm glad its called Mickeys very Merry CHRISTMAS party and that they have the Candlelight Processional. Thanks Disney for not taking that away in a world where they are trying to take Christmas away from us. :)

gauvin4
11-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I am thankful for the wonderful time and memories with my family.

WDWNut02
11-18-2009, 12:59 PM
I am thankful for the wonderful experiences I get to have with my family, and the feeling I get inside when I think about the good times we have shared. :cloud9:

DisneyKim22
11-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Where do I begin? I am thankful for:

1) The new surprises - both big and small - that happen every trip.

2) The transportation system. Sure there may be long waits sometimes, but it still beats having to park and drive at the end of a long day at the parks or when going from one park to the next.

3) The variety of things to see and do. I am thankful that I can sit in a quiet nook in EPCOT and enjoy a good glass of wine when I am in the mood, or go on a safari, or sing along with hundreds of dolls, or get thrown into a briar patch, take a tour, eat a different type of cuisine every night......

4) I am thankful for One Man's Dream. I love walking through the history and shedding a tear at the end of the movie. I appreciate that there is a corner of the World that showcases the man behind the magic.

5) I am thankful for Mickey's Philharmagic and its ability to take me into my favorite movies for a few minutes.

6) I am thankful for the sweet shops that provide me with my traditional brick-sized rice krispie treats topped with chocolate.

7) I am thankful for the "iced-over" castle during the holidays that brings a tear of joy and amazement to my eye without fail.

BigThunderFan
11-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I am thankful for the memories we will always have of the first time our children saw Cinderella Castle.

And for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad...

And for Intercot, so we can all relive it over and over again!

cEveArdenfan
11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm thankful for the CareerStart Program. I'm a high school graduate who doesn't know yet what she wants to do with her life. Thanks to being accepted into the WDW CareerStart Program I have something to look forward to that will hopefully lead me in the right direction career wise. Thanks, Disney!

green ranger
11-18-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm thankful for the happiness it brings my children and for making my husband and I feel like kids again.

disneymom15
11-18-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm thankful for the man, Walt Disney, because without him none of this would be possible.

Disney Doodle
11-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I am grateful for having this magical place to escape to and a time when the family are all together. The fun times we have and the fond memories we create. Also the chance to watch my husband become younger by the hour!

Lakin
11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I am thankful that they are still keeping the company alive!

villavic
11-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Thank you for the memories, specially for that first trip in 1973, when I was 7. Thanks for the Mickey Mouse review, though it was short living. Thanks for have a place that is a real world by itself, where you feel you are in another different place.

readytogo2
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I am thankful for the wonderful experiences I get to have with my family, and the feeling I get inside when I think about the good times we have shared. :cloud9:

could not agree more :thumbsup:

disneyboundagain
11-18-2009, 11:18 PM
I am thankful that we can forget all of the other stresses in life for the few days we are there and enjoy quality time with the family that just isn't possible either at home or on any other vacation.

I'm also thankful that at 39 years old, I can be a kid again. :thumbsup:

beksy
11-19-2009, 03:18 AM
I'm thankful just for getting to be there and escape real life for a few wonderful fantasy filled days where its okay to act like a kid:cloud9:

This really sums up my feelings. I am also thankful that it is a place my mom can go and forget about her health problems and worries and just enjoy her time with her "kids."

I am also thankful for the castle and the feeling that I always get whenever I see it. :joy:

I am thankful for Chef Mickey's where my sister can live out her dream every trip of "eating with Mickey" and Garden Grill where we can both enjoy spending time with Chip and Dale. The look on her face every time we go makes any saving and sacrifices I made to make the trip happen worth it. :mjump: :dale: :chip:

Finally I am thankful for MNSSHP. It gave my mom (who didn't have a happy childhood) the chance to re-live those years, but be happy, and trick-or-treat again. I've never seen a bigger smile on her face and again this makes any sacrifices worth it. :mpumpkin:

Just-Keep-Swimming
11-19-2009, 07:17 AM
i am thankful for...

1)Being able to escape into a wonderful, fantasy land!:fworks: i have so many happy memories as a little kid, going to disney with my single mom.:girl: it is such a special thing to me to know i will be soon going back. we have been unable to go for a long time now, and may still have to push our trip back for the third time, but i know i will still make it there someday with my wonderful mother!!:joy:

2)seeing all my favorite characters and interacting with them:simba:

3)all the effort of not only the imagineers, but the cast members throughout the park, who are extremely kind and helpful.

4)WONDERFUL FOOD!!! i plan to make full use of the buffets we picked(including boma!!!) as i am a competitive swimmer!!!:pizza:

5)the personalization available on each trip

6)the heart attack i got as a little kid going into the park!:faint: :ambal: and i am sure i will get it again this time!!!

DisneyorBust
11-19-2009, 08:51 AM
I am thankful for all of the wonderful family memories that were made while vacationing in WDW.
Favorite memory: Our first family visit and the looks on my family's faces.

By the way darthmacho, great thread. Thanks for reminding us to pause and be thankful.:thumbsup:

CosmicRay
11-19-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm thankful for the memories and laughter it gives my family when we are there.:turkey:

squijee
11-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Great cast members like Antonio at Big River Grille, Esteban, Allison and Nick at Soarin' and so many more. :thumbsup::number1:

Bay Lake
11-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Thankful for the feeling that you get when you walk under the train station on Main Street, and see the Castle for the first time, Just take a monent and breathe it all in, the smell of the fresh popcorn, the bakery.

marlaine
11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I am thankful for the one week out of the year that I can truly enjoy my family with no distractions! No work, no phones, no reality! I am thankful that I have the opportunity to leave the rat-race, and replace it with a
mouse-race! :mickey:

rubato
11-19-2009, 10:38 AM
I am thankful to have the opportunity to give my child something I never had, a lifetime of Disneyworld!

As far as the WDW experience, I'm most thankful for Pooh. He makes my 10 yr old son act like he's 3 again. I love watching my son light up and dance and hug Pooh for 5 solid minutes. He's becoming more and more mature, so this is lovely or me!

BluewaterBrad
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Like a lot of the other posts stated: I am very thankful for the ability to "escape" reality for the time I (and family) are there.:mickey:

BMan62
11-19-2009, 08:27 PM
No matter how many cost reductions, changes, misguided rehabs they make, WDW is still one of the few places that transport you from 'the real world' to a world where stress is nothing more than a word, and being childish/childlike is a GOOD thing!!

jnfr2424
11-19-2009, 10:30 PM
I like many have posted is very thankful for Disney to help create the most magical memories for me and my family as well as the future generations to share and enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

c&d
11-20-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm thankful that we can go to Disney each year and forget about everything outside the World.

I'm thankful for the CM's over the years who have made each trip special in a million ways. From their smiles that welcome us to our resort to their waves goodbye when we leave. It wouldn't be Disney without them.

I love the EMH night hours when we just stay in our log on Splash Mtn. going round and round until we decide we've done it enough times.

Imagineer1981
11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I am thankful that I have such an amazing family friendly place to take my family and allow my son to experience the magic of Disney and hopefully he can be inspired to work there as well

passholderryan
11-20-2009, 10:59 AM
1) Clean bathrooms!!!! Lets face, where else can you go that the bathrooms are usually spotless. Its little details that make it the place to be.

2) The great memories of numerous times a year, for many years, traveling with my family. My next trip will be the first time my son will be going (10 weeks old at travel time) that I can carry on the traditions of Disney vacations. From the packing of the car, the alphabet game while driving, and the excitment of it all. I'm a new dad and can't wait!!!!

prprincess
11-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I am most grateful for all of the amazing memories that I have made at WDW.

The first time I ever went was when I was six years old, immediately after my father had passed away. I guess our mom took us there to help us feel like kids again, and it was, and still is, a great escape. Because of his death, my childhood was a pretty rough one, but the memories I have of our trips to WDW every few years are always the bright spots of my childhood memories.

And it's still my "happy place". Yes, of course, I'm happy at home with my family, but it truly is always an escape from the real world for me. :thumbsup:

bruin1344
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm thankful for the fantasy of it all, that it's a whole world of escape from the real world.

same here

barbiegirl314
11-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm thankful for all the wonderful and treasured memories Disney has given me and my family through out the years.

Our Disney vacations are one of the few times that we get to spend extended quality time together.

Lisaj13
11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I agree with all of the above (especially clean bathrooms :D), but I'll just add one more thing.

Flowers and trees. :number1:

Who hasn't been to an amusement park that makes you feel like you're in a parking lot with rides? The Disney parks are beautiful.

I think the beautiful surroundings really add to the feeling of escaping everyday life.

Thanks, Walt!

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Great timing for this thread...besides next week being Thanksgiving, my daughter turns 20 on Sunday and I had been feeling a little depressed about how my little girl isn't "little" any more.

We have been fortunate enough to have been able to go to WDW at least once a year since she was 18 months old and reading thru the comments on this thread made me realize that I will always have the memories of our trips.

There was the apprehension in her eyes the first time she saw the larger than life characters and the total glee after she completed her first trip down Space Mountain.:coaster:

While we have managed to see many other parts of the country on vacation over the years, WDW is the one place that brings the most joy to my daughter and my wife.:cloud9:

And that is what I am most thankful for at WDW. ;)

syndrome
11-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I am thankful for the look in my son's eyes as we enter each park. For the happiness I feel watching him walk down Main Street. For the many hugs that I get from him the entire time that we are there--Disney hugs just seem to be a little stronger!

Iluvpooh
11-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I am thankful that everyone goes above and beyond to make everything perfect just for me and my family.:secret: Well, I'm thankful that it feels like they do it just for me and my family. That is what makes it so special.

I am thankful for the memories my mom has from when she was a child, and the memories I have from when I was a child and the memories my kids have to pass on the thier kids one day.

pittsburgh12
11-22-2009, 01:11 AM
I am thankful for all the GREAT memories the parks have made for me and the time there with my family!!!

darthmacho
11-23-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm thankful for soo many wonderful people on Intercot to share my love pf WDW!

Thank you for all of your answers! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-24-2009, 07:06 AM
For making my dreams come true...for the look in my "kids' " eyes when they're in the Magic, and for letting us all just play and be kids.

DisneyHoneymooners
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
For me it has to be all the little "disney" touches through out all of Disney World. From the theme parks to the resorts the magic and theme make it all so much fun. And of course the signature restaurants.:thumbsup:

Roland
11-24-2009, 11:18 AM
I'm thankful to go to a place that isn't like the world I live in at home.

Let me clarify, I have a wonderful wife, a wonderful life but here is reality.

It's nice to go to a place where reality is checked that the Walt Disneyworld arch over the road entrance.

It's a safe fantasy.

Now, as far as rides, The CoP is by far the one and only ride that I show appreciation and thanks by riding it at least twice a day.

princessgirls
11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I am Thankful for all of the wonderful family time and making memories at the WDW parks and resorts.

There is so much that goes into the magic there, I am thankful for the people that make it happen.

May everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Julie:mickey:

amd780
11-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm thankful for all of the wonderful memories that I've created with my family through the years, and with my DH in more recent years. On that note, I'm happy that my DH has grown to love WDW as much as I do! :mickey:

TheMartellFamily
11-27-2009, 05:47 PM
I am thankful for giving me the memories that I have from growing up and the ones that will be made on all vacations in the future to WDW.

AdventurerKim
11-29-2009, 06:06 PM
I am thankful for having been at WDW all last week with my family. :mickey:

handmaidenofprincesses
11-30-2009, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=passholderryan;1986744]1) Clean bathrooms!!!! Lets face, where else can you go that the bathrooms are usually spotless. Its little details that make it the place to be.
QUOTE]

I so agree!

[QUOTE=Lisaj13;1986874] Flowers and trees. :number1: [QUOTE]

I very much agree. I inherited my father's love of taking close-up photos of flowers, and Disney has the best opportunities for that!

I am thankful that I always feel useful at Disney, because I'm... ahem.. educated enough to be able to help direct people to rides and shops, spew off trivia, and suggest hidden treasures. At home, my Disney knowledge just elicits an eyeroll from my mom; but in the parks, I get smiles and thank yous and even hugs! I love feeling useful :mickey:

I am also incredibly thankful for the fact that Disney hired me and I will get to go down for the college program in January!

ibrowse17
12-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Being there with family:thumbsup:

luvdiznee
12-01-2009, 08:57 AM
Just thankful to have a place to escape real life from.

kemps@wdw
12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm thankful for 3 things, actually! The 1st...to Walt, himself, for being such an incredible visionary, :thanks: to the wonderful cast members that go out of their way to make our "journey" so "magical", :thanks: and that our family is lucky enough to be able to enjoy WDW again and again! :mickey:

IloveDisney71
12-02-2009, 09:28 PM
The magic of being transported to another world where I can forget about work, bills, etc. and just enjoy spending time my family and friends!:balloon:

Figment78
12-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm thankful for all the cast members, especially those who work behind the scenes researching and devloping attractions, concepts, new areas, hotels, etc. Without their creativity WDW would not "grow."

I'm grateful for a place where innocence and goodness is respected and celebrated.

I'm thankful for Walt's persistence in his dream and the persistence of the Walt Disney Company and it's employees/cast members today - without that spirit, the "impossible" world of WDW would not be possible.

I'm thankful for the WDW philosophy that all the details matter. Not only does it enhance my vacation, but it has enhanced my daily life and my work life.

Arielfan98
12-06-2009, 09:45 PM
The fun and excitement money can't buy. And of course, the angelic and dazzled expressions on all of the little children's faces when they see Cinderella's castle. So priceless and wonderful.

I also thank WDW for bringing friends of my family's together through the Disney magic that we both love. We love spending time together at WDW with some good laughs.

So I raise my glass with pride and say:

"Thank-you Walt. You truly are one great man. Not were a great man, but are. Your spirit and dedication to the world we love and cherish cannot be erased. God bless you!"