PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Toffee Pudding

Chic-a-pin
11-17-2009, 04:45 PM
So we dined at RnC last week and I had been looking forward to the Sticky Toffee Pudding FOREVER so I ordered it for dessert. I was SO disappointed with it! Absolutely not even close to what it used to be! I mentioned it to our waitress and she said I'm not the first person to complain about it. So keep complaining! Maybe they'll change it back (yeah right!)

wildernesslady
11-17-2009, 05:15 PM
I had it recently also for the first time. I thought it was good, but not great. My husband had a dessert with cherries on the side, and that was great.

mom2morgan
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, we enjoyed our meal over all, but didn't really care for the desserts at all. My daughter had the Sticky Toffee Pudding and said it was disappointing - I had the Bailey's something-or-other (obviously not very memorable, LOL)

TheDuckRocks
11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm so glad to read that I was not the only one to be disappointed in the sticky toffee pudding. What I had was a dried-out, over-cooked mess.

CiaoBella312
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Rose and Crown was my least favorite (so far) Epcot restaurant that we have tried. I didn't think there was enough variety and I didn't think what we ate was very good. On the other hand, we LOVE the pub there and always stop and have a drink. :-)

NJGIRL
11-19-2009, 12:28 PM
What a disappointment! The name itself sounds so good. How could you go wrong with something that has the words sticky and toffe and pudding in it? I have never tried it because the Rose & Crown's menu does not appeal to us but I have always thought that their desserts sounded good.

2MuchWDFun
11-19-2009, 05:35 PM
DH and I ate at Rose and Crown on our last trip in 2008. Have to say it was one of our favorite meals...we had always avoided it because the menu didn't look too appealing. Our entire meal was terrific, service was great (we're never in a big hurry and like to take our time), and the sticky toffee pudding was delicious. We got the cheese and fruit appetizer and loved it. Of course we each enjoyed a pint.:beer: Looking forward to another great meal in December. Hope things haven't changed drastically in a year!

Chic-a-pin
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
2MuchWDFun, you'll have to report once you get back on it. Like I said, it used to be SOOOOO good and I was SO disappointed!! Our meal was great, dessert, not so much. Good luck!!!

2MuchWDFun
11-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I'll definitely let you know...three of us are going together and we never get the same dessert, so I'll review all the desserts we get!

mousetrapper
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
We just returned. One of our meals was RnC - first time we ate there. It was one of our more memorable meals, not so much for the food (although it was fine) but for the way everything worked out for Illuminations. We were sitting outside and had a great view of the show. Timing was perfect - ADR was at 7 pm and I thought it would be too early but it was just right.

I had the sticky toffee pudding and wasn't blown away. In fact, I left a few bites, and considering the portion is pretty small, that's saying something. Plus, that doesn't happen if I really love something!

btw, I had a salad and the soup - good soup but a bit on the creamy/heavy side for my taste.