PDA

View Full Version : Yep, we love living in Florida!

Melanie
11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Walk out our front door this afternoon about 2:30pm and look straight up in the sky. What is that big puff of smoke making it's way up into space? Yep, the Space Shuttle! Totally cool!

Oh, and being an hour away from WDW isn't too shabby either. :wave:

Hmmm, DH has 6 more years in the military, and thinks he can work it out where we stay here the entire time. If not, we'll be back! We're sold on the Sunshine State. :sun:

SBETigg
11-16-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm so glad you like it. I do think it sounds very cool. And Florida always seems like it would be a nice place to live in winter when I'm shoveling heaps of snow here in New England. :)

DVC2004
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
It sounds great! I would have no problem living in FL! Maybe someday.:cloud9:

Melanie
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm so glad you like it. I do think it sounds very cool. And Florida always seems like it would be a nice place to live in winter when I'm shoveling heaps of snow here in New England. :)

We DO really like it, but the one thing I miss especially is four seasons. I grew up with that, and particularly miss fall. :fall: Maybe I'll get used to it?

joanna71985
11-16-2009, 04:40 PM
I love living in FL too! :D

Hammer
11-16-2009, 04:52 PM
We DO really like it, but the one thing I miss especially is four seasons. I grew up with that, and particularly miss fall. :fall: Maybe I'll get used to it?

Well, Mom and Dad moved back to Florida 5 years ago after living in NJ for 20 years and Mom still misses fall and spring. Neither of them miss winter, though. They enjoy calling me (and my sister right outside NYC) whenever the Today show shows a snow storm hitting the Northeast and basically make fun of us.

MNNHFLTX
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
We DO really like it, but the one thing I miss especially is four seasons. I grew up with that, and particularly miss fall. :fall: Maybe I'll get used to it?If you're like me, probably not, but you can always take an annual fall foliage trip up north for some color. You have connections in North Carolina, right? ;)

Glad you like it there, Mel. :sun:

ElenitaB
11-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Glad you like it there, Mel. :thumbsup: Very cool that you were able to see the shuttle launch. Were the kids impressed?

harlowandthemermaid
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm glad things are going well! WE are going to look at some houses when we are down for a winter getaway, so hopefully we will be there before next winter. I won't miss the cold a bit, but since we still have family in MD we can always come back and visit in the summer/fall. I'll take 70's in the winter over MD weather any day!

RedSoxFan
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Glad you like living in the sunshine state. I would to love there every winter and summers up north. I hate heat and humidity (6 yrs in Virginia were enough). But I don't like the snow either.

Melanie
11-16-2009, 09:12 PM
Were the kids impressed?

Ryan was thrilled! He's very into NASA right now.

Melanie
11-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm glad things are going well! WE are going to look at some houses when we are down for a winter getaway, so hopefully we will be there before next winter. I won't miss the cold a bit, but since we still have family in MD we can always come back and visit in the summer/fall. I'll take 70's in the winter over MD weather any day!

Good luck on the househunting Mel. Exciting! So Miss Vivian will grow up a Florida girl, huh? :sun:

Lizzy
11-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Glad you like it here Mel! We still need to catch up sometime.

Katzateer
11-17-2009, 07:31 PM
We are hoping to be Florida residents in about 5 years - glad to hear you like it.

DisneyorBust
11-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Here's hoping that your DH remains stationed there for the remainder of his career, you and your family have earned that stability.
DW and I have kicked around the idea of moving to Florida one day, I know that I'd miss the change of seasons but one can always travel North right?

Melanie
11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
I know that I'd miss the change of seasons but one can always travel North right?

Absolutely Eric! Traveling is so much fun.

teambricker04
11-18-2009, 10:34 PM
I am glad you like it! My aunt (who was a CM at WDW) and uncle lived in FL for years. They loved it as well, but my aunt always missed the fall seasons. So every fall we would collect a box full of leaves and mail them down to her. It was tradition and she got her taste of fall with out the cool weather!

Ed
11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Walk out our front door this afternoon about 2:30pm and look straight up in the sky. What is that big puff of smoke making it's way up into space? Yep, the Space Shuttle! Totally cool!

Oh, and being an hour away from WDW isn't too shabby either. :wave:

Hmmm, DH has 6 more years in the military, and thinks he can work it out where we stay here the entire time. If not, we'll be back! We're sold on the Sunshine State. :sun:

Hey, neighbor! :wave:

Like I keep telling you, you ain't seen nothing until you see a launch (and there's only 5 more before the shuttle is retired :( ) up close and personal. Fantastic sight!

Like any other place, Florida has its ups and its downs, but to me the ups far outweigh the downs. :thumbsup:

Melanie
11-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Like I keep telling you, you ain't seen nothing until you see a launch (and there's only 5 more before the shuttle is retired :( ) up close and personal. Fantastic sight!

We're shooting for March, Ed. :thumbsup:

Lizzy
11-19-2009, 03:11 PM
I've lived here my whole life, and have seen just about every launch there is and I still get goose bumps and am amazed at every one!

Hayden's Dad
11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Well we have been here all of three weeks so far and we love it! Last week we went to MK, HS, saw our first IMAX movie Disney's Christmas Carol, and got to see the shuttle in the distance. It was awesome. From the time we leave our front door it takes us about an hour and we are walking on Main Street USA. :D

Hull-onian
11-19-2009, 04:07 PM
It sounds awesome. There is nothing like a shuttle launch. I have only seen one in my lifetime, it was great. Of course, we were going to Disney.:mickey: