PDA

View Full Version : Is there a good spot for both Spectro Magic AND Wishes?

Gregandmel
11-16-2009, 04:00 PM
One of the nights we are at the Magic Kingdom, I'd like to see both the Spectro Magic parade as well as Wishes. The parade is at 9pm, and Wishes is at 10pm. I'm thinking I'd like to just "stay put" for both. Is there a good spot for both of these at the same place? We haven't seen either one. Thanks in advance! :mickey:

BigThunderFan
11-16-2009, 04:05 PM
On the Tomorrowland side of the hub. Spectromagic will curve around the hub counter clockwise. Then you will be almost right under Tinker Bell when she flies out of the castle for Wishes.

DisneyPrincess21
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
One of the nights we are at the Magic Kingdom, I'd like to see both the Spectro Magic parade as well as Wishes. The parade is at 9pm, and Wishes is at 10pm. I'm thinking I'd like to just "stay put" for both. Is there a good spot for both of these at the same place? We haven't seen either one. Thanks in advance! :mickey:

I would tell you....but then i would have to kill ya! ;)

cajundisneyfreak
11-16-2009, 04:39 PM
When you take a left towards adventureland off of main street there is an area just past the snack cart.We usually stand up against the fence and watch the night parade and fireworks.Awesome view!! :mickey:

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-16-2009, 04:51 PM
My personal favorite spot is curbside on the southeast side of the hub to the right of the popcorn stand. Great for Spectro and it's an amazing angle to watch Wishes from.

disneyluva
11-16-2009, 05:11 PM
We sit right outside of the Main Street train station - up on top of the overpass you walk under to get to main street!!!! Great, wasn't crowded last easter (and EVERYTHING was crowded that week!), and you could actually sit. There are a few benches, and tables and chairs. If all else fails - you can sit you or your kids on top of the trash can - that's what we did!

MaxPower
11-16-2009, 09:58 PM
We sit right outside of the Main Street train station - up on top of the overpass you walk under to get to main street!!!! Great, wasn't crowded last easter (and EVERYTHING was crowded that week!), and you could actually sit. There are a few benches, and tables and chairs. If all else fails - you can sit you or your kids on top of the trash can - that's what we did!

I have to point out here that all Disney cast members are trained to instruct guests to remove their children from the tops of trash cans. Guests do this at every parade and fireworks and cast members dread it. It's a safety issue. Of course, some guests get away with it, but official Disney policy is "No kids on the trash cans."

disneyluva
11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I have to point out here that all Disney cast members are trained to instruct guests to remove their children from the tops of trash cans. Guests do this at every parade and fireworks and cast members dread it. It's a safety issue. Of course, some guests get away with it, but official Disney policy is "No kids on the trash can."

WOW!!! If I knew they shouldn't have sat on the trash cans - they definately would NOT have. About 3 or 4 cast members passed us and chatted that night, and not one told us of the rule. We'll be sure never to do it again.

DizneyRox
11-18-2009, 05:33 AM
One of the best locations is the upper deck of the train stating. You need to get there pretty early, but I thought it was worth it once.

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
One of the best locations is the upper deck of the train stating. You need to get there pretty early, but I thought it was worth it once.

This is true for getting a good spot for pretty much anything at WDW when it comes to nighttime entertainment. If you have multiple nights at one park, devote one of them to saving a good spot early and just sitting there people watching until the show starts. You'll be glad you did.

DizneyRox
11-19-2009, 06:55 AM
And by early, I do mean early... I thikn w e grabbed a table near the railing around 3-4 hours early. We just about missed out, I could see people lingering trying to decide if they needed to grab it now, or wait. so we snatched it up.

Then I grabbed a bite at Peco's Bill and brought it back, oh I still remember the looks on people's faces.

Definitely worth it, the view of Spectro was outstanding, almost too close if you want pictures. And nobody blocking our view etiher. We kicked out a few people who tried to squeeze in.