PDA

View Full Version : How Much Longer Will Mickey And Minnie's House Be Open?

DisneyPrincess21
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
How long will the house's in toontown stay open before the are torn down? Does anyone have a date before they get closed?

I will be there in 17 days and i havent seen the houses since i was a kid on my first WDW trip, and i would love to see them and relive my childhood one last time before they are gone for good.

Figment!
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
A date hasn't been announced, but all current indications are that it will be no earlier than next year.

Just-Keep-Swimming
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
there closing mickey and minnies houses?????:fit: that is sooo sad!!! i love those little houses! even if they are always completely packed and crouded!:crowd: i always thought they should have made mickeys more interactive... but are they going to refurb or replace them? what will be there instead???

well, i guess i can no longer say im gonna kick minnie out and live there myself... :(

Tygger7
11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
there closing mickey and minnies houses?????:fit: that is sooo sad!!! i love those little houses! even if they are always completely packed and crouded!:crowd: i always thought they should have made mickeys more interactive... but are they going to refurb or replace them? what will be there instead???

well, i guess i can no longer say im gonna kick minnie out and live there myself... :(

There was an announcement at D23 that Fantasyland is undergoing a complete rehab. If you search under the News section here on Intercot, you can read all about it. :mickey:

Giggy
11-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I hope they're still there when we arrive at the end of August. We always start our first day a Magic Kingdom by going to Mickey's Toontown Fair on the train. I'm not sure where we would start if they were gone! :mickey:

MaxPower
11-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Has anyone heard where guests will meet Mickey and Minnie after the Fantasyland refurb is complete? Are they moving them to Main Street?

beksy
11-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I thought I read somewhere that they were moving the houses, or going to build new ones, in a different area (maybe somewhere around Main Street?). Did I just imagine this? :confused:

11-18-2009, 12:09 AM
How long will the house's in toontown stay open before the are torn down? Does anyone have a date before they get closed?

I haven't heard any dates for individual areas but I would imagine that they would still be open well into 2010 as there is a TON of infrastructure work that has to be done north and northeast of the current Fantasyland area to accommodate the expansion. For example, the RR will go down early next year for several months while the trackage gets relocated, new north access roads, security checkpoint, backstage buildings, etc., etc., get redone and relocated as a lot of them are in the way.

I would think that a lot of the expansion will be back-stage and "out of sight" to the public for quite a while before we start seeing tangible changes to the "on-stage" areas. Could be wrong though but just what I have heard about what has to be relocated, having come from a commercial construction backround for a lot of years, this is a very large back-stage project and has to be done in what is now the access areas that all MK CM's use to get from parking to the Kingdom and these areas are in use 24 hours a day.

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I would think that a lot of the expansion will be back-stage and "out of sight" to the public for quite a while before we start seeing tangible changes to the "on-stage" areas. Could be wrong though but just what I have heard about what has to be relocated, having come from a commercial construction backround for a lot of years, this is a very large back-stage project and has to be done in what is now the access areas that all MK CM's use to get from parking to the Kingdom and these areas are in use 24 hours a day.

I would say this is a good assessment. Disney tends to do the backstage work first and only does work that impedes the guest experience when it is the only option left.

Robert's Dad
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
We were talking about this in the car today on the way to school, and my DS 5 told me that I was a liar, that they were not, but I told him its true, sad but true.

Lakin
11-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Guys, they're not tearing them down forever - they're moving them. Don't panic.

DisneyPrincess21
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM

There not tearing them down?!?! :confused:

11-18-2009, 10:09 PM

From what I understood last month when they were giving us an overview of the new Fantasyland one afternoon, ToonTown is "going away" completely, not getting moved. I could be wrong about this but this is what I understood. Several people questioned this but the manager that was giving us the overview said this and I can assure you that he holds a very high place in the MK organization chart.

DisneyPrincess21
11-18-2009, 10:16 PM
From what I understood last month when they were giving us an overview of the new Fantasyland one afternoon, ToonTown is "going away" completely, not getting moved. I could be wrong about this but this is what I understood. Several people questioned this but the manager that was giving us the overview said this and I can assure you that he holds a very high place in the MK organization chart.

That's how I understood it as well. It would be great if they could save the house's but I don't think they will. They should move them to MGM somewhere. It's a shame to just get rid of them.

Hey, since they don't want them, maybe I can take them off of their hands for them :secret:. I have a nice big back yard :D

joanna71985
11-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Has anyone heard where guests will meet Mickey and Minnie after the Fantasyland refurb is complete? Are they moving them to Main Street?

From what I've heard, Mickey and Minnie should be moving to Main Street.

Unfortunately the houses are being taken down. They are not being moved.

Lakin
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
I thought that's what they said in the D23 announcement???