PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for a former cast member

Camping Mom
11-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Please pray for Jessica K. who is a former cast member. Jessica was "very close friends" to Mickey and Minnie, Dopey and Stitch. She was born with a rare blood disease and wasn't expected to live past 4. She had a Make a Wish to Disney and she never forgot. When she graduated high school and moved on to college, she answered the call of the College Program at Disney. In March 2008, she fell out of a parade and to make a very long two years short, she went into a coma, came back to the Dallas area, was kept alive with a heart/lung machine, put on a LVAD device that worked for the right side of her heart, and finally got a heart transplant on Sept. 12. Jessica had a wonderful few weeks.The blood disease causes her to need transfusions, but her system can't take all the iron. On Oct. 23, she entered the hospital with a fever and sick stomach. The next morning she had a seizure and coded 6 times. She hasn't woke up since. She has substantial brain damage and while her heart doctors are crushed because they all love her, the neuro drs. say only Faith and God will heal her now. We all believe that with one touch of His hand God can heal her, but we are also being realistic and preparing for the worst outcome. Please send a little Pixie dust her way and lots of prayers. Disney was the best time of her life. She even encouraged my middle son to go there and work and he has for a year and a half. Jessica and my youngest son are the best of friends...she calls my boys her brothers and they call her their sister. They are that close. She is 21 years old. She is an only child and we are holding on to her and praying for a miracle. Thank you for reading and keeping her in your prayers.

2Epcot
11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Life hasn't been easy for Jessica as you've written. It is sad to hear someone so young struggle with health issues. It is nice that Disney has brought her happiness and in turn, she was able to provide that to others at a CM. Here is some pixie dust, as well as a prayer that I've made, that Jessica gets better.
:pixie:

Zippy 1
11-16-2009, 12:03 AM
Sending lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:! We will keep her in our prayers

tadshome
11-16-2009, 03:00 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Our thoughts and prayers are with Jessica

Dsnygirl
11-16-2009, 08:39 AM
We will keep her in our prayers, and send some pixie dust her way, as well. :pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Prayers and pixie dust that Jessica gets her miracle and pulls through.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Jeri Lynn
11-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Jessica is in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeff
11-22-2009, 07:03 AM
I will also be praying for Jessica, her family and yours.

RedSoxFan
11-22-2009, 08:08 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Lots of pixie dust for Jessica.

beksy
11-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Keeping Jessica, her family, and her friends in my thoughts and prayers. :angel: Here's some pixie dust to help them along. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-29-2009, 12:20 AM
How's Jessica doing?