PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving trip is Off..DH is very sick.

mouseketeer mom
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Our much anticipated Thanksgiving trip has been cancelled.
After a bout with pneumonia, my husbands once stable brain aneurysm has been aggravated. He's been in and out of the hospital for the past two weeks, losing 35 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. The aneurysm was considered inoperable based on its location. Surgery is considered extremely high risk. (all 6 cranial nerves surround the aneurysm). His eye is now closed and he is suffering severe headaches along with constant stomach upset.
I am sad about the trip, but not crushed.
How quickly our lives have changed and what once felt so very important (ADR's, accomodations etc..) mean very little now.
As my good friend Buzznwoody's Mom tells me, when we eventually can go again, the trip will be that much more special to us. Those words ring true.
Pixie dust for my husband and family please! My husband remains in the hospital and we want him back home and healthy so very terribly!

Tinksalot
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

rubato
11-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Wow, how scary! I'm so sorry for you and your husband. A trip means nothing at this point! My prayers will be with you!

Joannelet
11-15-2009, 07:22 PM
mouseketeermom, I wish your husband a quick recovery. My gosh you are all going through so much right now and I'm praying that he is home soon with you all!!

RedSoxFan
11-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Lisa; I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he feels better soon.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

VWL Mom
11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Lisa - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Your family is in my thoughts. Some pixie dust for a speedy recovery.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Melanie
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
How terrible! :( Prayers and :pixie: for your husband and entire family. Please keep us updated on his recovery!!! WDW will always be there.

faline
11-15-2009, 07:52 PM
I wish you and your husband all the best. I hope you will have a very wonderful Thanksgiving even though it won't be spent at Disney World! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

mousetrapper
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
You and your family are in my prayers. :pixie:

TheVBs
11-15-2009, 08:20 PM
I am so sorry for what you're all going through right now. Lots and lots of pixie dust and healing thoughts for your husband!

clausjo
11-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dsnygirl
11-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH... you're right, our priorities can shift so quickly!! Sending pixie dust and prayers his way that he recovers quickly w/o any need for intervention, and is home w/ you guys very soon. :pixie: :pixie:

mickeys_princess_mom
11-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Really feel for you. My DH got sick on our anniversary trip last year, so we're trying again this year in two weeks. He's actually sick at the moment, but he's on the mend. Nothing as serious as yours, though. Sending lots of :pixie: your way!

PlutoToo
11-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Blessings and prayers for both you and your husband during this trying time.

DisneyWhirled
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm so sorry about your hubby!! Please know that he (and you and your family) are in our prayers for a speedy recovery!

When he gets all better, you can plan an even better vacation.

Please keep us posted!!

vizsla
11-16-2009, 05:05 AM
Prayers and Pixie Dust on the for your DH.

DVC2004
11-16-2009, 08:23 AM
More prayers and pixie dust for your DH and your family! I am sorry!

KylesMom
11-16-2009, 09:25 AM
Lisa, sending you thoughts, prayers and an extra helping of pixie dust to your family.

laprana
11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm keeping your husband, you, and your family in my thoughts and prayers, and sending lots of :pixie::pixie: your way that he gets well and is back home with you very soon!

DizNee143
11-16-2009, 12:09 PM
i hope your hubby recovers quickly..and you get to go on that magical vacation soon!!
please keep us updated!!

SBETigg
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh my gosh, Lisa! I'm so sorry he's having health issues, and how scary for you all. Prayers and pixie dust for your DH and for your family. I hope he's feeling better and home soon.

:pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

LoriSan
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
prayers for a quick recovery

BMan62
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

BluewaterBrad
11-16-2009, 04:34 PM
God Bless.:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
11-18-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks everyone, all of your responses made me teary. Today he gets a feeding line. He is not able to eat still. Its been a month now of very little intake, of anything staying down. I don't know up from down anymore, and this all still doesn't seem real to me. Our life has gone from a solid, healthy one, to a very fragile one in a matter of weeks. They are not able to explain why he cannot eat. My husband has always been strong and healthy. He is a crisis worker, and has always been the one taking care of others. To see him just be a shadow of his former self is heartbreaking to us. My kids are afraid. I'm taking day by day, trying to keep my kids lives as "normal" as possible in spite of the circumstances. But it isn't easy. I'm exhausted and afraid too.
Thanks again for all of your kind words. Please keep him in your prayers. ~Lisa

DisneyorBust
11-18-2009, 08:32 AM
My thoughts and prayers for your family. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

mrsgaribaldi
11-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's illness. My thoughts and prayers will be for his complete recovery and for all of you. My strongest :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:is also on the way.

RedSoxFan
11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Sending more pixie dust.

BrerGnat
11-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Lisa, so sorry to hear about your husband. :( Prayers and pixie dust coming strong from me too! I wish him a full recovery as quickly as possible. I cannot even begin to imagine the toll this is taking on your entire family. Please remember to take care of yourself and your children. Your husband is in good hands in the hospital.

badkitty
11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Dear Lisa. I just read this and I am so sorry. It is so very difficult to have a family member in the hospital for any length of time especially one who has such an important role as your husband's. Please know your family is in my prayers.

Disneymom4ever
11-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Lisa, I'm so sorry your family is going through this awful time! Just know that Disney World will be there and waiting when he is better! Lots of prayers and pixie dust from my family to yours, may he have a speedy recovery!

Mousefever
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Your husband and your family are in my prayers, Lisa. I can't imagine how difficult his illness is for you and your children.

Amy

divinedi
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Prayers and lots of pixie dust for your husband's speedy recovery and for you and your family.

TikiGoddess
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Oh, Lisa, we will keep you, your husband and your family in our prayers!! Lots of pixie dust flying your way!

Kathy

beksy
11-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm so sorry for all that your family is going through. Prayers and pixie dust coming your way. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

princessgirls
11-20-2009, 08:06 PM
Lisa,
I just saw this post now. Our prayers are with your family.

I hope the Doctors are able to treat your husband and he begins to heal.

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through. Stay strong.
Love,
Julie

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Prayers and Pixie dust for a speedy resolution to his health issues and that he's back on his feet in time to enjoy the holidays with his family.:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

scooterca42
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
We send our prayers and best wishes, too. All the best.

SurferStitch
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I pray your husband is feeling better soon. I know exactly what you're going through.

My mom almost died 24 years ago from a ruptured brain aneurysm (age 44), and again 4 years ago (the later one was much worse...she actually did technically die for a few minutes).

She still has several other brain aneurysms, and one of them is considered inoperable, so hopefully that one will never rupture.

I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think about it, but I always pray that she will never have another rupture.

Your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers. Best wishes.

luvDaMouse
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi Lisa
I have not been on the boards in a while and was so sad to hear about Steven. I knew your trip was coming up and was looking forward to your trip reports. Your husband is who I usually see when he brings in your truck for service and we always chat about Disney I can only imagine how exhausted you must be trying to be at the hospital for him and home with the kids so make sure to take care of yourself. I wish you much :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Dana

Kairi_7378
11-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Sending prayers and pixie dust for your DH, your family... and for you!!!

Kairi_7378
11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Sending prayers and pixie dust for your DH, your family... and for you!!!

mouseketeer mom
11-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Hi everyone. Your prayers and pixie dust for our family mean so very much. Thank you.
Steven was dischaged from the hospital to home without a feeding line. The line was in only briefly. The eating is coming along.
He remains weak and his right side of his face is "shut down". He has no feeling on that side of his face at all, including no taste or feeling in that side of his mouth which makes eating and swallowing difficult. His right eye is completely shut.
The anuerysm needs to be treated. As I mentioned in my first post, it wasn't treated to begin with based on its type and location. It was considered stable, although large. To treat meant a craniotomy, and chances are he would end up very handicapped, or worse, since all 6 very delicate cranial nerves surround the aneurysm. We were referred to a Dr. at NYU hospital, one of a handful in the U.S. that are doing a new procedure on these rare aneurysms. It would NOT involve a craniotomy! It is not currently approved in the U.S. ... only in Europe. But on a case by case basis in the U.S. it is approved on a compassionate basis. The Docs feel that Steve would be a perfect candidate. I'm both excited and scared. To be rid of this thing once and for all would be such a gift. That the surgery is so new is scary. The sooner the surgery is done, the better the chance that his eye and face come back. He is too weak for the surgery right now, so the race is on to get stronger for it.
Thanks for keeping us in your prayers! Its so wonderful to have him home with us. The kids and I are so happy to be free of the hospital right now and to have him home!
Lisa

mickeys_princess_mom
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Thanks for letting us know how ya'll are doing. So glad you're home for awhile. Get some rest and hope he is much stronger soon. Our hearts are with you.

bouncer
11-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving having your family together! Here's to a getting strong quickly and a successful surgery and recovery. Use the FROG method = Full Rely on God

SBETigg
11-24-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm so glad he's home with you. What a lot for you all to go through, and so suddenly. It sounds like quite the ordeal. I hope they can do this procedure and help him fully recover from this. But for now, you have home and that has to be wonderful for you all. Happy Thanksgiving!

laprana
11-25-2009, 09:50 AM
I'm so glad to hear that your DH is home with you now! And just in time for Thanksgiving...what a wonderful thing to celebrate for the holiday! I'll keep your DH, you, and your family in my thoughts and prayers. And sending more :pixie::pixie: your way to help him get strong and for a successful surgery!

littleedie
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
So glad to hear this! And happy that he can be home with you all on Thanksgiving. Try not to worry and stay positive - it sounds as if he's in the best hands he could be in right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you~

faline
11-25-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm so glad you are able to have Thanksgiving at home together! I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts as you continue to battle this!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
:pixie: Prayers coming your way

DizNee143
11-25-2009, 02:13 PM
many more prayers and pixie dust on the way for your hubby!!
please continue to keep us updated! :)

Mackflava99
11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Oh Lisa, our hearts go out to Steve- we are sending all the pixie dust we have

Bryan

RedSoxFan
11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
So glad to hear that Steven is home now. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family that everything works out.

Dsnygirl
11-26-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm so glad to hear your DH is home with you, especially on Thanksgiving. We will keep the pixie dust flowing that he is able to get strong enough for the surgery, and that he will be approved for it if you guys decide to go forward with it. Good luck and God bless you guys... I really hope it works out!!

Giggy
11-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear there has been some good news. I wish you the best of luck, thoughts and prayers are with your family. Hope he makes a full recovery and once he's back fighting fit you can have the WDW trip you've been looking forward to, just a little later than planned.

:pixie:

merlinmagic4
11-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Hope he was home for Thanksgiving and :pixie: for a successful surgery. Hope he is able to have it and it is successful. :pixie:

mouseketeer mom
11-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Another thank you for your continued prayers! Steve has gained back 10 lbs since his return home and is feeling stronger. We consult with the Dr. this coming week in regards to the potential surgery. There have been no changes in regards to his eye/face issues, although he is now feeling some sporadic pins and needles, and I think that is a good sign. The best case scenario for us would be for that eye to open on its own and his feeling to return. Then we would have some time to prepare/think about a future surgery so we don't find ourselves in this position again. The surgery feels so scary because it is so very new and not even approved here in the U.S.....it would be great if we didn't feel rushed into it..let the Drs. get better at it!!! Thats how I feel. Again, thank you all for your continued prayers and pixie dust!~Lisa

badkitty
11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
The weight gain is awesome news! Here is more :tink: that he has continued success and a :grouphug: for your whole family. Stay strong. Your family remains in my prayers.

tinksmom02
12-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh, Lisa, when you mentioned that Steve was having health issues, I had no idea it was this bad! What a horrible thing for all of you to have to go through. I'm so glad he's home and getting the care he needs.

My thoughts are with you and the family.