PDA

View Full Version : Steam Train

mustBgoofy
11-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I've seen a lot of posts about doing the "Behind the Seeds" tour at Epcot, but has anyone ever done "The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains" tour? If so, was it worth it? DH's grandfather worked on a railroad so there is a fascination with steam engines. Thanks for the input!!

Renfairwedding
11-13-2009, 11:35 PM
I love steam anything but really like steam trains.

I had a great time in the tour. The guide was very knowledgeable in everything Disney and the trains. Just be advised its a early tour and transportation is limited.

I recommend it! :mickey:

mustBgoofy
11-14-2009, 12:37 AM
How do you recommend we get to the tour? We are staying at Coronado Springs. Would a cab be best?

Renfairwedding
11-14-2009, 07:58 AM
I parked in the Contemporary hotel and walked over using the path below the monorail. I told the gate people were I was going and I had no problem. This was a few years ago and reading some of the other threads on Intercot parking policy may have changed.

I am not an expert at Disney transportation but I am sure your resort CM’s can help answer this question.

bicker
11-14-2009, 09:01 AM
We're staying at the Beach Club. Do buses run from the Beach Club to the MK that early? Should be be at the bus stop by 7AM, or should be be at the bus stop at some earlier point in time, maybe 6:45 AM?

ibelieveindisneymagic
11-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I believe that you need to be at MK by 7am for this tour.

So, I would recommend a taxi to the Contemporary Resort, and a short walk from there.

mustBgoofy
11-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks! This has been most helpful!!:cool: