PDA

View Full Version : Question About Ellen's Energy Adventure

DisneyPrincess21
11-13-2009, 11:36 AM
I always have been curious how the ride itself works. It seems like you are going about 6 stories in the air before you enter into the "dino scene". Does the whole floor of the room rotate or does only the ride vehicles rotate up? Or is it something completley different? I have always been curious as to how some ride's work.

Stu29573
11-13-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think you go in the air at all....at least not when I've been on it!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-13-2009, 11:59 AM
I rode this and it never went in the air...

DisneyPrincess21
11-13-2009, 01:35 PM
When it is rotating during the movie it feels like you are rotating up higher. I always assumed it was doing this to get you to the level that had the dinosaur scene your ride through. Am I crazy? :secret: :hide:

BMan62
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
When it is rotating during the movie it feels like you are rotating up higher. I always assumed it was doing this to get you to the level that had the dinosaur scene your ride through. Am I crazy? :secret: :hide:

Yup! You're crazy!! :D

The entire show is done on one level. The 'cars' are on sensor type tracks that guide them through the building. Effects are generated mostly by optical tricks.

DisneyPrincess21
11-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Yup! You're crazy!! :D

The entire show is done on one level. The 'cars' are on sensor type tracks that guide them through the building. Effects are generated mostly by optical tricks.

:blush: Well now I feel stupid! :doh:

Well their optical tricks sure did work on me! HAHAHA

Joannelet
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
I got so naseous on this ride! I get naseous just reading the title of the ride. LOL
Leave it to me to get motion sickness from watching the movie at the end. When your turning and then the movie is going, it totally threw my equilibrium off and I was so sick afterwards for a couple of hours :(
But no it doesn't go up, its all on one floor.

BMan62
11-13-2009, 02:09 PM
:blush: Well now I feel stupid! :doh:

Well their optical tricks sure did work on me! HAHAHA

Hey! The effect where they are in the helicopter and bank one way or the other gets me every time. Really plays on my vertigo. Even more so than any of the effects on Soarin'

Doesn't stop me from riding, though!!

Stu29573
11-13-2009, 02:21 PM
When we were there in June we didn't get to ride. We watched the movie at the begining, but when it came time to load the seats in the big auditorium, the doors refused to open. We were told it had malfunctioned and we needed to come back later. We never got the change. Bummer! :(

Imagineer1981
11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
nope, all one level. The cars simply follow a track in the floor

villavic
11-13-2009, 05:34 PM
That ride begun with a different name when Epcot opened. It was Universe of _Energy I guess. But I think it was basically the same, without Ellen.

At the 80s it was a cool ride, but now with all new stuff we have seen, the dino section is not that amazing. Besides I don't get why they do a dino ride. Just to tell us that dinosaurs became petroleum and it is used to produce energy.. hummm... a bit silly.

phillydan
11-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Wait - I distinctly remember this ride rotating and elevating me - right into REM sleep!

:funny:

garymacd
11-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Besides I don't get why they do a dino ride. Just to tell us that dinosaurs became petroleum and it is used to produce energy.. hummm... a bit silly.

Actually, one current leading theory is that dinosaurs didn't become petroleum. That duty went to microscopic plankton millions and millions of years before dinosaurs.

"Dinosaurs are just cool!" -Bill Nye, The Science Guy

Kathy Jetson
11-14-2009, 09:47 PM
The dinosaur part is the only part of the ride we like:(

2Epcot
11-14-2009, 09:52 PM
That ride begun with a different name when Epcot opened. It was Universe of _Energy I guess. But I think it was basically the same, without Ellen.

At the 80s it was a cool ride, but now with all new stuff we have seen, the dino section is not that amazing. Besides I don't get why they do a dino ride. Just to tell us that dinosaurs became petroleum and it is used to produce energy.. hummm... a bit silly.

I'm still a fan of the original version of this ride, and not so much of the Ellen version.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
It definitely doesn't go up but it does put you down, for a nap that is. There is just something about this ride that makes me nod off for a few minutes every time I ride it. Maybe because it's cool in there and I'm tired?

PetefromRI
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
The only time it makes me sleepy is when the ride breaks down.So 9 out of 10 times we ride it I get a little nap!

CrazyStitch
12-02-2009, 02:48 PM
For the longest time after my last trip as a kid, I would swear that the cars were actually boats floating on water :)