PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned about the change in crowd levels on TP?

Gregandmel
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
I have a subscription to Touring Plans which some people love and other people totally ignore. I found them to be pretty spot-on when we visited last October. We picked end of April 2010 primarily for our schedule, but figured it's after most Spring Breaks and before Summer break. The touring plans originally had our week at mostly 5's & 6's on crowd levels, but has now changed to mostly 7's and an 8. How reliable do you think this is this far out? There is a cheerleading competition the weekend we arrive and then Grad night is both weekends we are there. Thoughts anyone? I really thought end of April would be a good time to visit and now I have something else to worry about! Help! :mickey:

Strmchsr
11-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Given my experience this year I would expect a 6-7 crowd level. Same kind of thing happened with TP this past year. They had late April/early May as 4s and 5s originally and all of a sudden went to an 8-9 for almost every day and everyone freaked. This was my first time being there early May, but from what other folks said it was a LOT more crowded than it used to be, but I didn't find it unbearable. Just be prepared to use fastpass and have a plan.

Iluvpooh
11-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I had never looked at them before a trip, but I did look at them after we got back last trip and it was spot on for the days we were there. (I guess they knew in advance that all the American Idol winners were going to be at MGM that day-we did not and it was a nightmare)

CaptSmee
11-12-2009, 09:57 PM
We went the end of April last year & it was relatively quiet. We loved it there that time of year!

disneykid@hrt
11-12-2009, 10:20 PM
I think they're more like a "slowER" seasons than slow seasons anymore. A CM at DTD did tell us though that late April/ early May seem to be the slowest. Good luck!

Gregandmel
11-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks. I remember how freaked out people were last year when the crowd levels shot up almost overnight to 8's and 9's during what was supposed to be a slow time. The addition of the 4+3 brought so many people to Disney that they really had to adjust everything and what was "normal" went out the window. The next week of May 1st goes back down to 5's and 6's so maybe with the Cheer competition and the Grad nights on bookends of our trip, that's what has spiked it up for my week. I debated between the 2 weeks, but really had to pick the last week in April due to schedules, but looks like it might be slower the next week. Oh well....just gotta be prepared I guess. We are taking my parents who haven't been and I was hoping to go during a quieter time, but as many people have said - there's just no such thing any longer. Thanks for the responses!:mickey: