PDA

View Full Version : Portobello

MongoMil
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Was wondering the pros and cons. I just haven't seen much info on it. I went and looked at the menu and that looks pretty good.

faline
11-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I haven't been since they refurbished the place. When I've dined there, I've always been pleased with my meals and service.

Seasonscraps
11-12-2009, 12:44 PM
I haven't been since they refurbished the place. When I've dined there, I've always been pleased with my meals and service.

Same here.

ThanxForNoticin
11-12-2009, 01:11 PM

Ditto. We have always really enjoyed this restaurant, especially for dinner. Good food, good service, and a nice location - definitely one of the better kept secrets.

Polynesian Dweller
11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
We have been since they refurbished and they did a really nice job. It's no longer nautical based but done in rich earth tones.

The food is among the best at WDW. We go every year and wouldn't miss it. Service is excellent. You won't go wrong.

Disney_Barbie
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Just an FYI, if you're unable to get reservations thru the disney dinning, call Portobella directly (407-934-8888). We were trying to get in there in Aug when they were all booked up (according to disney) I found their direct line and phoned with the idea of asking them if there was a bar that we could eat at. But when I got them on the phone they offered a LARGE selection of different reservations they had open!
The only thing I can thing of, is I wonder if they only give X-number of tables to "disney dinning" for booking... I dunno. But the point is, don't give up if disney tells you there are no reservations open @ Portobello

NJGIRL
11-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I have to agree with everyone else on this so far. We have eaten there twice and both times the food was good. You are right not much ever said about this place but IMO it's a hidden treasure.

AmandaChan
11-26-2009, 09:35 AM
I haven't been there since the changes but before the changes it was easily the worst meal we've ever had in Disney. I hope it's a lot better now but I'm too afraid to try.

ThanxForNoticin
11-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I haven't been there since the changes but before the changes it was easily the worst meal we've ever had in Disney. I hope it's a lot better now but I'm too afraid to try.

We've eaten there 7 or 8 times and have not had a bad experience. Sometimes there is just an off night and it can really turn you off to a place. We have 1 or 2 Disney restaurants in that category, too - places we won't return to. But Portobello has been a real nice place for us each time.