PDA

View Full Version : POP vs CBR

jmjepp
11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I have either stayed at Boardwalk, Beach, or POP

We got res at CBR and was wondering if it worth the extra Money

BigRedDad
11-12-2009, 10:41 AM
You get a moderate vs a value. I have never been to CBR. Personally, after staying at WL, I have no need to go back to a deluxe. The resort is simply a place for me to rest.

The only reason I am staying at CSR in March is the queen beds and the difference for 4+3 free is minimally more expensive than the value resorts.

disneymom15
11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
I prefer POP over CBR. The only plus for me is CBR has 2 sinks. I don't think the room sizes are all that much different. I also like the food court better at POP. Just my opinion.

bcornette
11-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I really like CBR, the newly renovated rooms and pool make CBR over POP an easy decision for me. Especially now that the frozen coke machines are gone from POP

Ms. Mode
11-12-2009, 12:09 PM
We stayed at POP our first two trips, and AKL last time. This trip is CBR, we chose it over POP only because our DD wanted to go there, it seemed exotic to her...lol

After AKL I understand that there are certain perks that you give up with a value/moderate resort, but WDW is so far above any place else that the values are just great. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
11-13-2009, 11:10 AM
We've stayed at POP and would return again. The only time we are in our room is to sleep, so why pay more $$ than you have to!

Mousefever
11-13-2009, 12:58 PM
We really loved our stay at CBR. The grounds are lovely. I spent one afternoon laying in a hammock while the laundry was going. I've heard the new pool is really nice, and I remember enjoying the food court.

We had to make the same decision you're making. We upgraded to CBR because the rooms are bigger and it's a beautiful place to stay. Last March we stayed at Pop. We enjoyed our stay there too, but are opting for CBR this January.

Amy

GoofyforFun
11-13-2009, 06:23 PM
We loved it last time.. reasons same as other posters.. beauty, grounds.. We loved the food court for a Am CS and then off to the parks.
Enjoy :mickey:

mom2morgan
11-13-2009, 08:41 PM
I can't really afford a deluxe, but really don't like the values, so we always stay in Moderates and have been very happy. Haven't been to CBR yet, but plan to on our next trip!

I LoveJack
11-13-2009, 09:20 PM
I have done both and CBR seems a little bit more laid back than Pop. I stayed in the pirate rooms this past Oct. and loved it but don't know that I would spend that much extra again for them. The staff seems to be great at both, the buses were hardly any waiting time at both, so I guess it really depends what you are expecting out of the trip. Since I like both, I don't think you could fail at picking either. Just have a great time no matter where you end up putting your head at night.:mickey:

RAIDER
11-15-2009, 12:47 PM
No contest if you want to rest the CBR will win hands down. The resort has private pools and the atmosphere at the CBR is very relaxing :thumbsup:

rubato
11-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't you also get a fridge and coffee maker in the moderates?

Cinderelley
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Hated CBR. Loved Pop. In all fairness, our stay at CBR was prior to the renovations.