PDA

View Full Version : How to create the best Christmas Experience

Gabby2183
11-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Hello!

This is my first post on here.

I will be making a very last minute trip to Disney World next week and it will be my first time going close to the holidays.

I am going for a conference Nov. 19-22 so I won't have a ton of time but I want to make sure I see as much Christmas themed things as possible because I LOVE Christmas.

I will have time for Disney stuff Thurs. all day and night, Fri. Nov 20 until noon and after 6, Saturday from 11am on and Sunday after 1pm.

I am looking for suggestions of what resorts to see, what parks to visit and when and then any other magical Christmas moments you know about.

Thanks!

Lakin
11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I suggest you check out this page:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/default.asp

:mickey: Disney World is beautiful with the Christmas decor up! Have fun! :mickey:

On the other hand, welcome to Intercot! :welcome:

AvaNellMouse
11-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Lucky YOU! Enjoy your trip and make sure you stop by the Grand Floridian - the gingerbread house is beautiful!

Welcome to Intercot!!:mickey:

PlutoToo
11-11-2009, 09:30 PM
The Osborne Lights at DHS, They are incredible and I think they may be lit toward the end of your stay.

cfoshe
11-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I would hit all the monorail resorts. The lights in DHS is a must. and of course MK.

Katzateer
11-12-2009, 06:52 AM
You will have a great time.

The best things for us about going during the Christmas season.

Checking out all the decorations at the resorts.

The Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom really gets you in the mood.

The decorations at Epcot are great and visiting all the countries to check out their traditions.

Shopping during our late November/early December trips would overwhelm me. It was fun to see all the decorations but I didn't enjoy the shopping as much. I guess just because the shops are so crowded and it was almost like holiday overload for me.

mousetrapper
11-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Ha! We'll be there when you're there, so you can just tag along with us! ;)

Just embellishing a bit on what others have posted here...

There's a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MCMCP) the first night you're there (11/19) - we're going to that one. This will be our first time, so I'm very excited! You have to get tickets for that (in addition to park admission). If you buy them ahead of time you get a discount. There is a special parade and fireworks show, plus other Christmas-themed goodies and surprises.

The Castle in Magic Kingdom will be lit in the evenings with a million beautiful little lights. It really is breathtaking to see - the Castle looks as if it's made of illuminated ice crystals.

The Osborne Lights at the Disney Hollywood Studios park is a must-do Christmas-wise. Keep in mind the WDW schedule says there will be no lights on 11/22, so just try to catch them on another night. There's also a fun Christmas shop open year-round in this park you might want to check out. (I think it's called "It's a Wonderful Shop?" I'm blanking on the name)

The Gingerbread House in the Grand Floridian Lobby is another must-see! You can also buy gingerbread and other goodies here.

Have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

joelkfla
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
The Christmas version of the parade at Disney's Animal Kingdom, "Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade," will be running by then. The parade usually steps off at 3:45 p.m., but check the current schedule as all times are subject to change.

While you're at DAK, see if they have the characters' personalized Christmas trees in the area near the Festival of the Lion King theater exit. You can try to guess who owns each tree by the decorations on them.

Daisy'sMom
11-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Welcome Gabby. If you can, get over to the GF and see their gingerbread house. It is amazing.:mickey:

Joannelet
11-12-2009, 08:33 PM
The GF gingerbread will be done the 16th so you can see that. The DHS lights are up SO DO NOT WHATEVER YOU DO MISS THAT!!!!!
That HAS TO BE NUMBER ONE ON YOUR LIST!!!