PDA

View Full Version : Favorites and Least Favorites

DVC2004
11-11-2009, 09:26 AM
What is your favorite Disney restaurant and why? Also what is your least favorite and why?

Our favorite is O'Hana. DH and I tried it for our first trip back in 2001 and we loved it! We even went back a second time during that trip (used to be you could just walk up without ressies). We love the food and atmosphere, plus catching Wishes while dining is aways a treat. The kids love the hula hoop contests, limbo, coconut races and music.

Least favorite would be Chef Mickey's. We took the kids there for breakfast several years ago and we didn't enjoy it. It was loud and crowded, mayn of the buffet items were cold like they had been sitting around awhile. When the characters came to the table they were followed by bunches of kids from other tables who were in all our pictures. Maybe it was an off day but we weren't impressed. We may try it again some day but probably for dinner.

Ms. Mode
11-11-2009, 11:04 AM
There are so many good places to eat at WDW, but my favorite is The Brown Derby. Least favorite is The Prime Time 50s Cafe.

NJGIRL
11-11-2009, 11:26 AM
My least favorite is Tony's. Overpriced Ragu gravy with slow service.

My favorite...that is hard because we have had so many enjoyable meals. Our favorite on our last trip was Teppan Edo. The food was good, the atmosphere was good, the entertainment was good and the company was good (we were there with my cousin and his family):thumbsup:

JenniferS.
11-11-2009, 12:39 PM
One of my favorites is:
Mama Melrose

My least favorite:
Sci-Fi

elmjimmlm
11-11-2009, 12:46 PM
One of my favorites is Yak and Yeti...Its a new favorite of ours but there are so many that we love...
I have no problem with chosing my least favorite...San Angel Inn...Should I say any more?:ack:

bruin1344
11-11-2009, 01:17 PM
My favorites: LeCellier (food is delicious) and Cape May (food is delicious and a lot of choices at the buffet).

Least favorite: i havent had anything putrid but my pick is 50s Cafe. The food was mediocre and the 50s theme is not my cup of tea.

SBETigg
11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
My favorite is California Grill, because we've always had really wonderful meals (and service) there and the views blow me away, also enjoy watching the fireworks there. It just amazes me every time.

Our least favorite? I'm torn here between a few, and I would be willing to try them all again anyway but if I had to choose one, it would be the one that was so bad I can't convince my husband to ever go back and give them another shot. Our meal was three hours long. They forgot to give us a meal-- it came out an hour after the others. Then it was undercooked, then it was overcooked, really bad service (non-existent), and not even an apology from the server or manager. It happened at the Coral Reef.

brown1442
11-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I only have one (adult) trip to make choices from but my favorite was California Grill and least favorite was Coral Reef.

The food was okay at Coral Reef but it was the WORST service I've EVER encountered in any restaurant (disney or otherwise) in my life. They were over an hour behind our ADR. The wait staff seemed annoyed that my son had food allergies and the chef never came out to talk to us (like he had at EVERY other restaurant in the parks). They never came back to refill drinks or bring my older son's ketchup. We waited over an hour for the server to return with the bill... and missed half of illuminations because of it. We were there for nearly 4 hours total!! What a waste!! We were SO annoyed that tip had already been included in the Dining Plan at that point because they certainly didn't deserve a dime for that meal. Thats one we won't bother with in the future!!

The odd thing is we waited forever for Cali Grill too... probably an hour past our ADRs as well. But the service and the food were ASTOUNDING once we got seated. Watching Wishes while eating dessert was amazing. My son still talks about his dessert (rice krispy "sushi") to this day and that was almost 2 years ago now!!

Joannelet
11-11-2009, 01:59 PM
My favorite is Cali Grill and my least favorite is 50's prime...not crazy about the food & we had an awful waitress who really didn't do much. It was a big disappointment.

poohspal
11-11-2009, 02:09 PM
We have several restaurants that are "must-do's" for every trip, but (as a pal of Pooh) I have to say Crystal Palace is my favorite.

Least fav would have to be Tony's. We found the food to be bland for the money

Liz

darthmacho
11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
My favorite restaurant is Artist Point because of a combination of food preference, atmosphere, and sentimental reasons. It was the first restaurant in which we dined at WDW, and it happened to be our honeymoon. We had great meals, including two dinners and a breakfast, and we returned a year later for another dinner. All were wonderful. I hope to go again someday, but we'll probably take the kids to Whispering Canyon next year instead. :mickey:

Least favorite? Now that's difficult, because there aren't any restaurants that I truly did not like. There are afew that perhaps didn't live up to the expectations, but it was possibly more due to circumstance than quality. That being said, I was most disappointed in Coral Reef, because we didn't receive the best service, it was very noisy in there, and it was expensive, which would have been okay, except we had a big lunch and weren't as hungry as we could have been.

lockedoutlogic
11-11-2009, 02:49 PM
to broad of a question...so we need categories:

Best Victoria and Alberts...no secret there

Best Food for the price Wolfgang Pucks...the fast food is the best (buy far)...the cafe is probably the best "normal" sit down...and the upstairs is one of the best "splurge" type meals. Puck just simply knows how to make great food and serve it in volume - a rare talent

Best Signature tough call....Jiko is probably the best right now....artists point, california grill, and citricos are all right up there as well

Best in park restaurant Brown Derby, Bistro de Paris, Coral Reef...in no particular order

Best Buffet Boma

Best Value priced sitdown Olivias or the Plaza Restuarant

Best Bar/ Lounge Tough Call....but Territory Lounge at Wilderness has got to be the best

Worst buffet Hollywood and Vine...yuck

Worst Quickserve The hated ABC Commissary...with Pizza Planet garnering dishonorable mention

Most Overpriced/ overrated Tough call...but i'll have to go with Cinderalla's

Most ridiculously bad quality of food Tony's...bar none

Should be shut down by the health department Planet Hollywood (reducing the total number of planet hollywoods on earth from "1" to "0")

Worst "new, exciting" Restaurant The Wave.....i thought i was being punked when we ate there

Overall worst price/ experience/ dining Tony's is probably the winner

Stu29573
11-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Best- I would say the Brown Derby (great service, atmosphere, wonderful food, complimentary champagne and photo for our honeymoon)
Wife's Best-Yak and Yeti (great atmosphere, good food, great service)
Worst-I'm not really sure...Tony's wasn't up to the others. (slow and pretty good, but not great food)The service at Coral Reef was...well...snooty...and not attentive.
Honorable mention in Best- Chefs de France while watching Illuminations.

Stu29573
11-11-2009, 03:36 PM
By the way, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway ROCKED for a counter service- Unique food, large portions, friendly service! (and school bread!):thumbsup:

mdhiggin
11-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Best: Ohana, Whispering Canyon
Worst: Jiko, Biergarten

Seasonscraps
11-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Best Meal Ever - Shula's
Best Disney Meal - Yachtsman Steakhouse

Worst Meal Ever - Cap'n Jacks. I have had a few not so great meals but that's the only restaurant I would never go back to.

DisneyFr33k
11-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Best - Wolfgang Puck Cafe, 'Ohana, Kona
Worst - Crystal Palace (horrible service, food like a local all you can eat chain, and loud!)

Maleficent's Dad
11-11-2009, 05:00 PM
to broad of a question...so we need categories:

Great list! I agree with all those choices!

As for restaurants we regularly attend:

Best: Flying Fish, Brown Derby, Narcoosee's

Worst: Bar none, 'Ohana

jillluvsdisney
11-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Favorite Breakfast....Kona

Favorite Dinner....California Grill, House of Blues and Tutto Italiano.

Favorite counter service....Sunshine Food Fair
EPCOT (The Land)

Favorite Indulgence.. Tea at Grand Floridian

Favorite Indulgence 2... Ghiardelli DTD

Best Buffet.... Boma and Gospel Brunch (HOB)

Places on the DO NOT GO TO list

Crystal Palace Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickeys and any counter service at Hollywood Studios.

PopeCharming
11-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Best- Kona Cafe. I'm one of the rare ones who likes dinner there better than breakfast, but there you have it.

Worst- San Angel Inn. Not enough room, overpriced, and isn't much more than gussied-up Taco Bell. I know Mexican food can be MUCH better than this.

d_m_n_n
11-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Best: probably Le Cellier (DH loves his steaks and claims the ones he's had at LC were the most tender and perfectly cooked)

Worst: Trail's End Buffet :sick: :sick: :sick:

Best service: The (RIP) Concourse Steakhouse. After how many meals of chicken strips during our last trip, our waitress (and the kitchen) found chicken legs for DS(then)6. He was so excited to see something different on his plate. :D

sassy2000
11-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Best: Whispering Canyon and Ohana

Worst: Akershus for dinner. Did not like the food but we are trying breakfast there on our upcoming trip.

mom2morgan
11-11-2009, 10:57 PM
My favourite was O'Hana and least favourite was Cape May ...but I've come to the conclusion a lot has to do with factors totally separate from the restaurant. O'Hana's first time was a gorgeous evening following a stellar day and we were all in perfect moods. Cape May was a day when I was not feeling well and the kids were cranky. I found it bright and loud, as opposed to my memory of O'Hana's being warma and cozy.

CiaoBella312
11-11-2009, 11:32 PM
We love Teppan Edo and have never had a bad meal or a bad experience there.

The one restaurant we said we would never eat at again was Rose and Crown. I know some people love this, but we totally didn't get it, thought it was borderline average and overpriced with not enough choices.

We ate at the Brown Derby once for lunch and loved it, but since we didn't do dinner there I don't think I can fully comment.

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Best TS-LeCellier and Kona
Worst TS-Tony's and Marrakesh

Best CS-Wolfgang Puck Express and Starring Rolls
Worst CS-ABC Commissary

If I had to pick the worst overall experience it would be ABC Commissary

Disnamic Duo
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Best: Close call between Cali Grill & Brown Derby.

Worst: Le Cellier. We've tried it twice. Although I wouldn't call it "bad", it's nothing special either. We probably won't be going back.

ravsluvdisney
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Ooooh....I'm hungry.

Ok, very open-ended question here so I will go with each family member:

DS7
Best: Garden Grill
Worst: None(aah, to be 7 again!!)

Ds10
Best: O'Hanas
Worst: Rainforest Cafe

DH
Best: Edge to Cali Grille
Worst: Sci-Fi over Tony's by a hair

DW
Best: Le Cellier
Worst: Tony's

HoosierDisneyFan
11-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Best: Whispering Canyon and 50s Prime Time

Worst: Coral Reef & Concourse Steakhouse (even though the place has been replaced)

greengeen
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Best - Artist Point. Great food, atmosphere and service.

Worst - Jiko. Snotty service, bad food, grossly overpriced, and despite the "dress code" the place was full of hairy guys in tank tops and screaming kids in dirty t-shirts.

hannahandkalebmom
11-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Best: LeCellier and Ohana's
Worst: Sci Fi and Chef Mickeys

AllDisney
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Favorite - Jiko

All time least favorite - Tonys

Gator
11-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Best-Flame Tree BBQ. Just can't beat pulled pork or half a chicken. And good cornbread and ribs, too. All for a good price.

Worst-anything named San Angel. I'm with many pp here. Small space, slow service, and food that isn't even close to Mexican. I'm not sure what it's actually supposed to be.