PDA

View Full Version : El Pirata Y Perico

DVC2004
11-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I know this is only open seasonally. We will be there mid December (12-17th)- does anyone know if it will be open then? Thanks!

Figment!
11-11-2009, 03:27 PM
Currently, it has not been announced in advance to be open during that time period.

That being said, the decision to operate the location can be (and has been) made only a few days in advance with no formal announcment of such decision.

DVC2004
11-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Currently, it has not been announced in advance to be open during that time period.

That being said, the decision to operate the location can be (and has been) made only a few days in advance with no formal announcment of such decision.

Thanks. We won't plan for it then, but if it happens to be open when we stroll it'll be a nice surprise.

Gator
11-15-2009, 06:17 PM
This is one of those places I've always wanted to eat at, as it would be different than the other 35 burger joints at WDW. But it's always closed. And seeing as how Pecos Bill's Cafe is always full when I go there, it's a wonder why they don't open it up next door to alleviate the lunch/dinner rush.

LudwigVonDrake
11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
I haven't seen it open over the last couple of years. I guess I go at the wrong time :mickey:

d_m_n_n
11-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I know this is only open seasonally. We will be there mid December (12-17th)- does anyone know if it will be open then? Thanks!

We always go at this time and I have never seen it open...like Gator, I've always wanted to give it a try and never had the opportunity. Maybe we'll get lucky this year! :mickey:

DVC2004
11-16-2009, 08:18 AM
This is one of those places I've always wanted to eat at, as it would be different than the other 35 burger joints at WDW. But it's always closed. And seeing as how Pecos Bill's Cafe is always full when I go there, it's a wonder why they don't open it up next door to alleviate the lunch/dinner rush.

Yes! My thoughts exactly. I would love an alternative to burgers and chicken strips. I wish it was open year round.

Stu29573
11-16-2009, 08:51 AM
I ate there in June. It was pretty good, but not wonderful. Maybe a step above Taco Bell...The best part is that you can dump as many toppings (cheese, peppers, etc) on as you want! The bad part was it was impossible to find a seat and we ended up sitting next to the "badly in need of dumping" trash.:sick:

kathiep
11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I think it was probably one of the highlights of our August trip to finally get to try this place! We had never seen it open before.