PDA

View Full Version : Raglan Road and Cape May Clam Bake

DVC2004
11-11-2009, 09:15 AM
Has anyone tried either of these and what did you think? Any recommendations for great entrees at Raglan? We will be trying both of these for the first time next month. Also, we have a pretty late dinner at Raglan- 9 pm- any live entertainment?

BugeyedMuggy
11-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Been to Raglan Road many times. There is an Irish dancer & music. They do have one or two days off a week so check on that. 9pm is a great time as the entertainment is later in the evening. Try to request a table up close as people come in off the street & can get in the way of the tables farther back. The food is very good. Remember the Shepards Pie as a fav. Sorry but have never been to Cape May.

SBETigg
11-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Raglan Road, we enjoy it. I like the salmon, but the pork loin and Kevin's ham were really good, too. They have some great appetizers. Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding is my one can't-miss item on the menu. It's amazing.

bruin1344
11-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Cape May is a great choice, plenty of great food and choices.

Mysttree
11-11-2009, 01:26 PM
We LOVED Raglan Road.
My hubby is a huge shepherds pie fan and really enjoyed his.
We also have ADR's for our next visit here, and I think I'm going to try either Kevin's Kudos (roast pork) OR Pie in the Sky (chicken & mushroom pie)
Also a huge fan of the bread pudding!!
Have a great time & enjoy the food & music!

Joannelet
11-11-2009, 01:43 PM
haven't done the cape may clam bake but I have to say raglan road got rave reviews from us!! :) The food was delicious and the atmosphere was fun! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2009, 09:29 AM
We've never done Cape May but we enjoyed Raglan Road...

Very good entrees-Its Not Bleedin Chowder and the steak

So-So-Kevin's Ham-its just ordinary ham

Hair_Razor
11-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Raglan Road is so good. We went there during our trip in September and I enjoyed their Shepard's Pie I ordered it with the Dubliner (cheese) on top delish! My DH go the Bangers and Mash and he loved it. We still talk about how much we loved that place.

missnanse
11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
So happy to read such good reviews of RR. We are eating there for the first time on Christmas Eve and i hoped I had not made a mistake. Thanks for making me feel i made the right choice.:party:

HoosierDisneyFan
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
I have ADR for Raglan Road in March (will be our first time). Looking for a place in DTD and this place seemed to have great reviews. I have heard it can get pretty loud.

Maleficent's Dad
11-20-2009, 06:24 PM
2 very different places, but both decent choices.

Cape May is a buffet - not loud, not crazy. The dinner buffet has some (not a lot) of seafood choices. It has numerous options for even the pickiest of eaters. Breakfast is a great choice - characters without the insanity of Chef Mickey's.

Raglan Road is a decent choice as well. I'm not a huge fan of the place (it is enormous!!!). But the food is good. If you want a quiet seat, get there early and get out early. Otherwise it can get loud. Very loud. Good salmon (surprisingly to me) and great bread pudding as previously mentioned. It's got an enormous bar area (actually, areas - there are several).

chrisie703
11-21-2009, 12:39 AM
We had dinner at Cape May and really enjoyed it. If you like steamed clams this is the place for you, unlimited steamers. They also have chowders and alot of non-seafood items, I can't remember what exactly, but it was a big buffet. I just ate about 60 steamed clams ;) And, I wasn't sick afterwards! That's alot of clams! Wait staff was very good as well. I would recommend it.:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
11-21-2009, 03:45 AM
We ate at Cape May in October and loved it!! We didn't find the seafood to be out of this world (we're new englanders, so very used to ultra fresh stuff... :blush:) but it was good... and some of the dishes definitely had a caribbean flair to them. The prime rib was good, and they not only had unlimited clams, but unlimited mussels and alaskan king crab legs. Again -- good, not terrific. But the combination of everything they had was great, and the atmosphere is nice... very laid back & relaxing. And the desserts?? To die for... just make sure you go to the "adult" table and not the kid's portions at the buffet!! And DON'T miss the Oreo BonBons... they are amazing... worth the price of the whole dinner. (honest... I got the recipe they're so good... and they're only at Cape May!!) :D

PetefromRI
11-21-2009, 08:47 AM
So happy to read such good reviews of RR. We are eating there for the first time on Christmas Eve and i hoped I had not made a mistake. Thanks for making me feel i made the right choice.:party:
The place is beautiful inside.I can only imagine how nice it will look all dressed up for Christmas.We had the short ribs and they were excellent.The bread and butter pudding is wonderful!

missnanse
12-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Short ribs and bread and butter pudding sounds perfect. Thanks so much and merry Christmas to All.

SBETigg
12-06-2009, 10:32 AM
At the Raglan Road website, they have listed their special Christmas menu. Not sure it's available for Christmas Eve, but looks great. I think this is a wonderful choice for the holidays-- very festive. The menus are listed at the site and you can get a good feel for what it might be like, there are pictures and extras.