PDA

View Full Version : Shakey's Pizza on Harbor Blvd?

frozman
11-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Good day everyone. I am an east coaster preparing for his 2nd trip to Disneyland. I happened to learn that there's a Shakey's Pizza on Harbor Blvd in Anaheim (I guess it's just north of the interstate), do the ART buses have a stop near it, or what hotel(s) is it near, or is it easy to walk to from Disneyland?

I know it's kind of a weird question, but I grew up loving Shakey's and they closed them all around here (and all the ones in other places I go) around a decade ago, so this will be my only chance to visit one.

NotaGeek
11-11-2009, 03:03 AM
If you walk it would be about 20 minutes across a busy freeway interchange if you walk ... but since it's right across the freeway on Harbor from the main entrance there will be a city bus that can take you there very easily for $1.50 each. There's no hotels that I can see around there ... but I suppose it would matter where you are staying -- or if you would be going there right from the DLR.

Taxi would also be an option, and since it's pretty close it would be inexpensive. You can Google the location compared to Disneyland ... or click HERE (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=S+Harbor+Blvd&daddr=1027+S+Harbor+Blvd,+Anaheim,+CA+92805&geocode=FRHnAwIdlsH4-A%3BFR0LBAIdkr_4-ClPHave0tfcgDFd9Goe3T04Nw&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=33.814735,-117.915165&sspn=0.017364,0.038581&ie=UTF8&z=15) and I did it for you. The Anaheim Resort Transit isn't really a point to point transfer to restaurants, and if you aren't already using it to get to /from the resort it would be less money to just use a city bus as that route runs very regularly.

frozman
11-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Thanks, it is in fact [by far] the closest I'll probably ever be to a Shakey's pizza again (unless I go back to DL of course). I think the closest one from here is 400-500 miles away... Not quite worth it, LOL.

BTW, the main reason I asked about hotels was for ART purposes (I'm actually staying a couple miles away in Orange), so I didn't know if I could get off at say "Best Western North Harbor" or something and head over there. But yeah, I'll look into the city bus (I'm relying on airport transportation and hotel shuttles for the trip, no car rental)