PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare or Cape May for Breakfast

Genie1953
11-09-2009, 08:35 PM
We are trying to decide between 1900 Park Fare and Cape May for breakfast. Opinions please? Would love to know what others think.

Genie1953
11-09-2009, 08:57 PM
I probably should mention that we will not use our dining plan for this meal. We will be paying out of pocket for this particular meal.

wdwnomad
11-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I would love to try to Cape May for breakfast. I never booked it because I think it would be a hassle to get there. If you are using Disney transporation then it would take a long time to get there because you would need to take two buses. I don't know if you would be able to get there by way of Epcot because the World Showcase don't open until 11 and you might not be able to get to the back entrance. If you have a car or pay for a taxi then it would be pretty easy to get there.

That said I have eaten at 1990 Park Fair twice and loved it each time. Food was great and a nice selection. The strawberry soup is always a must have.

Genie1953
11-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Any other thoughts on 1900 Park Fare and Cape May. We have to decide between the two of them for our upcoming April trip. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Gator
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
I've never been to Cape May, but I can't see how it would be better than 1900 PF for breakfast. First the food is good, the strawberry soup is better, and the cinnamon rolls are the best I've ever had anywhere. Second, there's only one place where you can have a meal with Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland and that's at 1900 PF. It makes it different than regular character meals because you can actually talk to the characters and they can talk back. Especially the Mad Hatter. Third, there's nothing like pulling into the monorail station at GF and walking through that beautiful resort. This should be an easy decision for you.

TinksGoofyMom
11-12-2009, 06:55 PM
We did both breakfasts during our trip 2wks ago. Both were great, but we're partial to 1900 park fare. I think the selection is much greater and the characters spend more time and can talk to you. Eggs are made to order by chefs. It's a great experience. If you get an early adr, the resorts have breakfast buses that start running @ 645am. Our Cape May was at 10am. We took the Epcot bus and were able to get in at 9, then walked to the back entrance and over to the Beach Club. 1900 is just a bus to MK and the boat or monorail to the GF. Either way, have a great time. Just visiting the hotels themselves is fun.

mom2morgan
11-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I'd like to try Cape May's character breakfast because they have some characters hard to find anywhere else - like my favourites, Chip & Dale. Unless, of course, that has totally changed and I am wrong! We've eaten there for dinner and the food was good. We've never minded the resort hopping with two busses - we don't find it really takes all that long, and we enjoy being able to see other resorts we wouldn't normally go to.

Lisa and Alan
11-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Just returned and did both. We prefer 1900. There is a hot omelet bar and overall we feel the food is better than Cape May. Your choice might also depend on where you are going for the day and transportation. Cape May can be tough to get to unless you are staying in that area or driving.

Genie1953
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Just returned and did both. We prefer 1900. There is a hot omelet bar and overall we feel the food is better than Cape May. Your choice might also depend on where you are going for the day and transportation. Cape May can be tough to get to unless you are staying in that area or driving.

Thanks for the info...can you tell me which one has a better selection of fresh fruit....melons, berries, etc. We are huge fruit eaters....of course we like all the other breakfast items too but fruit is a must for us.

tyandskyesmom
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
We think these two are pretty different and like them for different things.

1900 is crowded and busy. There is almost always a wait past your ADR unless you have booked one of the first seatings. The characters are great. The tables are close together. The food is good with a lot of options.

Cape May is quieter. We have never had a wait even when just waling up. The characters are more classic but in their swim attire. We have always had them come around more than once and then usually even have time to sit and color on the table clothes with the kids. The food had always been good and lots of options (including a yogurt bar!) and it has not ever been crowded around the food area.

So, for us, it just depends on what we are looking for, where we are going for the day, and how early we want to be there. We won't do 1900 anymore with out one of the first seatings.

I don't think you could go wrong with either one though.