PDA

View Full Version : got a letter about our upcoming BWV stay in Jan

LoriSan
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
It seems that the pool at BWV is being refurbed starting Jan 18. They are letting us pool hop at Stormalong Bay! :number1:

I thought it would be too cold to swim in Jan, but we might just have to go for a dip! It said that they will be runnig shuttles to BC.

Seasonscraps
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Cool!! Althought it would probably be faster to walk then take a shuttle. :)

DVC2004
11-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Cool! You can never pool hop to Stormalong so you definitely want to go over there and check it out with this opportunity!

I agree- walk- it'll be much faster. Enjoy!:mickey:

BluewaterBrad
11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
That is a pretty good trade off!!:mickey:

Madame Leona
11-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't care if it was 30 degrees. I would have my fanny in that pool pretty stinking fast!

WelshieLover
11-09-2009, 04:57 PM
We will be there 1/23 -1/30 2010. I am not sure how I feel about this. We have never stayed at the BWV. Stayed a few times at YC/BC. While I like Stormalong Bay. It tends to be overcrowded, closes too early and may be quite a walk depending on where our room is. Actually the more I think about the less I like this.

buzznwoodysmom
11-09-2009, 06:37 PM
It said that they will be runnig shuttles to BC.

I'm curious to see if they actually do run special shuttles just for people wanting to go over for a swim. Years ago when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge during a pool refurb we were told that there would be shuttles to take us to both Contemporary and Poly to use those pools. However, once we arrived we were told we could only use the pool over at the Contemporary and when we asked about the shuttle they told us to just take the boat over to the Contemporary. I asked several times during the week and got the same answer each time. Not once did we see or hear anything else about the shuttles.