PDA

View Full Version : How do you satisfy a Disney craving when you don't have a trip in sight?

WDWNut02
11-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I am having a serious case of the "I miss Disney blues". I don't have a trip planned and even worse I don't think I will get to go again for a couple years :(. How do you deal with Disney cravings when there is no trip to be had for a long period of time?

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I am going through those right now! Just got back less than a month ago and I'm already sad. We probably won't go until 2011 but, i'm always hoping for a last minute getaway for DH and I....

Here's what I do:
1. Scrapbook - this really helps me to remember and dream of the next trip. I am in the process of getting all my photos together that I want to use. We took collectively about 1800 pictures. no joke!

2. Watch my dvr'ed Disney shows from the Travel channel, food network, etc.

3. We plan Disney dinner nights. We pick our Disney inspired menu and play Disney dinner music. It's especially nice from one of the World showcase restaruants as I loved the themed music for each country.

4. We make disney themed cards for b-days, thank you's, recipe cards, etc.

5. Since our last trip where my 2 and 4 year old remember everything, we now play Disney Parade. The kids dress up and decorate their floats (which are their little tykes shopping carts) and they do a parade for us.

6. We are making our christmas cards and our family picture is of us in front of the castle! We've got about 60 to make so, this will take awhile.

7. Watch the planning dvd or the dvc dvd.

8. go to the disney store and/or rainforest cafe in our local mall.

9. go to disney on ice - we go to the $10 show!

10. read Intercot (duh!!)

11. Go onto familyfun.com for my virtual disney family pics!

12. Play Disney games on the Wii.

13. Make character coloring books from disney.com

14. Rent park music from the library.

15. click my heels three times and say... there's no place like home, there's no place like home.... then I find myself in my 'home" resort. :thumbsup:

Joannelet
11-09-2009, 03:36 PM
I go on youtube and ride whatever ride I want :) thanks to the help of the many WDW visitors out there that post vids of their trips :)
If I'm also not going and a new ride is opening up I almost always watch it on youtube first. Makes me feel like I'm there experiencing the ride :)

Jennifer_and_Chris
11-10-2009, 10:48 AM
I go on youtube and ride whatever ride I want :) thanks to the help of the many WDW visitors out there that post vids of their trips :)
If I'm also not going and a new ride is opening up I almost always watch it on youtube first. Makes me feel like I'm there experiencing the ride :)

Soooooo true! I forgot to add Youtube. :number1:

WDWNut02
11-10-2009, 10:51 AM
The Youtube idea is great!!!

Disney4us2
11-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Both my DD and I miss WDW. She keeps asking when we can go again. Until my permanent disability is approved (long process) we go to Disneyland. We are AP's there and we get our Disney fix that way. We also listen to Disney music. See Disney movies. I feel blessed to be so close to DL resort, but long for WDW. It is a completely different experience,

Ms. Mode
11-10-2009, 11:27 AM
I just talk about WDW times we've had until DH says, "When would you like to go?" :thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
11-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Revert to my Disney back-ups. Vaca dvd, park cds, Mouse House radio on Live 365 on my computer, new guide and info books, travel channel and history channel programs, looking thru our MANY scrapbooks, and our Disney memorabilia in my Disney curio, and each room in our house, playing our Disney board games and Scene It games, and, most certainly, daily Intercot checks! :blush:

WDWNut02
11-16-2009, 10:40 AM
I just thought of a great one, but unfortunately it only counts for other Michigan natives (Jennifer_and_Chris ;)) We go to Bavarian Inn in Frakenmuth. It is a little cheesey but very fun none the less. Indoor putt-putt and a large arcade, I believe they have 4 indoor pools, and in January you can go to snow fest! Beautiful Ice and Snow sculptures!