PDA

View Full Version : Should I Bail on Tutto? My Dining List

Mr_Increddieble
11-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Just booked my ADR's. Tutto I'talia did not have any tables available for May 11th. Six months from now? Nary a table?
I was told that I should call back from time to time as they should be available soon.
What gives?

Here's where I'll be dining:
Ohana
Biergarten
Kouzzina
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Tutto I'talia ...?
Hoop Dee Doo
Whispering Canyon
Le Cellier

We don't start counting down until we get to 100 days. So only 80 days until I get to start counting down.

Seasonscraps
11-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't imagine why you can't get a table there - I dont recall reading that it's a difficult ADR to get. Definitely keep trying - there's a lot of time between now and then and you may luck out!!

SBETigg
11-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I wouldn't bail, but I would plan an alternative for the night you wanted Tutto. Book something else and then if Tutto Italia opens up, cancel the alternative plan ADR. They could be booked solid, but things do open up with cancellations. Or there could have been a system glitch when you tried to book. Do try to call again, with an alternative in mind in case you still can't get Tutto Italia. Your other choices all look good. Best wishes with it!

Mr_Increddieble
11-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks. Good advice.
Apparently Tutto I'talia has not signed on to the DDP for 2010 (Marakesh has not either). Will book something else. Then wait.
What could be the hold-up for them to sign up for the DDP? I cannot even book a standard reservation sans DDP.
Fishy.

Thanks again

SBETigg
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
This happens every year. There are a number of restaurants that wait until the last minute to confirm participation. Now, it's perfectly possible that one of those holdouts will not be on the plan next year, but it's not likely considering the history-- that every year, the same few restaurants wait to confirm participation and do end up being on the DDP.

I would honestly go by the 2009 list and change later if it turns out that the restaurant doesn't sign up. I wouldn't give up on them now and try to book later when they confirm because the most likely scenario is that they will confirm and the longer you wait to make ADRs, the less likely it is to get what you want.