PDA

View Full Version : Any activity on Space Mountain?

DisneyBarb
11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Wondering if anyone saw anything that makes you think Space Mountain may be opened really soon (scheduled for the 21st? 2 days after we leave)
On the "Travel with Rick" video at the end of October they were testing cars... I just haven't had the heart to tell the kids it probably won't be open....

Any info from recent visitors would be great!

jennsky
11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
I want to know too! We arrive on the 15th and leave the morning of the 21st :(

mrsgaribaldi
11-08-2009, 09:31 PM
We 're going tomorrow so I'll let you know if I see anything. I will check it out:mickey:

Basket Mommy
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
We were there last Thursday and the courtyard was all ripped up. It looked like they were putting in new Fastpass boxes and some sort of fountain. That's all I could see on the outside. The partitions were still up on the inside when we rode the TTA ride.

Figment!
11-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Construction walls are now down.

Some Attraction Cast are reporting a small chance of limited soft-openings this week with a better of a chance starting next week.

As with all previews,they may only last a few hours and/or may not be conducted every day.

Attraction Cast have also reported that they do not expect full operation of the ride prior to the scheduled November 22nd official re-opening date.

DisneyBarb
11-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the info.. we will be there most of next week. Whats the best way to find out about soft openings? Talk to CMs in the area?

Figment!
11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Whats the best way to find out about soft openings? Talk to CMs in the area?Yes. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
11-09-2009, 06:06 PM
From another (reliable) site:

Limited guest previews may take place this week. Remember, plans can change, and the official reopening date remains November 22 2009.
As Figment indicated above, construction walls are down and things are moving rapidly. :thumbsup:

gwfx1031
11-10-2009, 12:15 PM
The disney parks blog has some sneak peek photos on the new SM today,

Figment!
11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Space Mountain is currently conducting a soft-opening (11/13/09).

Initial reports are that the queue has received some significant aesthetic changes and a new StarPort 75 theme.

All though previews are expected to continue over the weekend and through next week,they may only last a few hours and/or may not be conducted every day.

McGoofy
11-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the info.. we will be there most of next week. Whats the best way to find out about soft openings? Talk to CMs in the area?

No, their lips are sealed tight! My family has been to MK three different days this week. Each time we talked to SM Cast Member all we kept getting was "We are only allowed to say that our official opening is November 22."

BUT....I am also here to say that MY FAMILY RODE SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!:mickey:
We happened to be in the right place at the right time. The newly refurbished Space Mountain is awesome!! Yesterday, Friday the 13th, was not so unlucky for us. We had been walking back and forth to that area all day today due to rumors of possible soft openings. Around 3:45pm, we noticed they were starting to load! We went to the entrance and we were about 10th in line. Tons of CM's were standing there. Management had video cameras taping. We were in the very first group to enter. They reminded us it was in test mode and only open for one hour, but we were all cheering and clapping. We were all guided to Track "B." There was so much excitement in the air from guests and CM's. We just kept saying "thank you" to every CM we passed. The new ride is awesome and has lots of surprises in store. When we exited, more CM's and management were video taping and also asking what we thought. Also, as we exited, there was still not much of a line at SM yet, so we jumped right back in line. This time they opened up Track "A" as we walked through, so we were able to ride that side as well. Unbelievable! Totally made our trip!! :-)
:thumbsup:

AeroFloyd
11-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Man! That is awesome!!! I cannot wait to ride it in January! :thumbsup:

ChipNDale79
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
No, their lips are sealed tight! My family has been to MK three different days this week. Each time we talked to SM Cast Member all we kept getting was "We are only allowed to say that our official opening is November 22."

BUT....I am also here to say that MY FAMILY RODE SPACE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!:mickey:
We happened to be in the right place at the right time. The newly refurbished Space Mountain is awesome!! Yesterday, Friday the 13th, was not so unlucky for us. We had been walking back and forth to that area all day today due to rumors of possible soft openings. Around 3:45pm, we noticed they were starting to load! We went to the entrance and we were about 10th in line. Tons of CM's were standing there. Management had video cameras taping. We were in the very first group to enter. They reminded us it was in test mode and only open for one hour, but we were all cheering and clapping. We were all guided to Track "B." There was so much excitement in the air from guests and CM's. We just kept saying "thank you" to every CM we passed. The new ride is awesome and has lots of surprises in store. When we exited, more CM's and management were video taping and also asking what we thought. Also, as we exited, there was still not much of a line at SM yet, so we jumped right back in line. This time they opened up Track "A" as we walked through, so we were able to ride that side as well. Unbelievable! Totally made our trip!! :-)
:thumbsup:

can you give us some details on it?