PDA

View Full Version : Favorite meal or treat that no longer exist?

LiloLovesTheKing26
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I am always sad when looking forward to a meal or treat then to find out they no longer have it!! What are your favorite no longer available treats?

1. Stuffed pepperjack cheese prezel at MGM
2. Bread Cone filled with BBQ Chicken at tomorrow land (this was from when I was a kid)
3. Parmesean Chicken Sandwich in Tomorrow Land

WelshieLover
11-08-2009, 08:18 PM
I know your post is meant for specific things, but I have to say in general I miss how the dining was before WDW began pushing the Dining Plan down everyone's throats. Now everything is too homogenized. THe choices are so more limited as more of the menus seem exactly the same.

I do miss the queso fundido at San Angel Inn.

Carolanne
11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
This might sound trivial but: I miss being able to go to Le Cellier and have my filet come with cream cheese mashed potatoes as the side. The risotto is delish, but I'd rather have mashies instead.

Belle_0717
11-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Caramel Corn at Sleepy Hollow. We always had to bring some home with us.

cer
11-08-2009, 10:29 PM
This might sound trivial but: I miss being able to go to Le Cellier and have my filet come with cream cheese mashed potatoes as the side. The risotto is delish, but I'd rather have mashies instead.

you can have the mashed potatoes, just ask for them instead of the risotto...:thumbsup:

MushuGrl
11-08-2009, 11:02 PM
The pIneapple with caramel at O'Hanas.

Tinkermom
11-08-2009, 11:04 PM
The cheesesteaks that you used to be able to get at DHS just outside of the Indy stunt show. :(

Oh, and Beaver Tails - I actually never got to try one but have heard so much about them. When we finally went to try one they no longer sold them!

Belle_0717
11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
In Adventureland at the egg roll cart, they used to have a cheesy dog roll - hot dog & cheese in an egg roll. Miss that A LOT!

LiloLovesTheKing26
11-09-2009, 02:02 PM
mmmm I forgot about the pinapple at Ohanas!! Add that to my list :)

Ropachs
11-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Philly cheesesteak at Cosmic Ray's :(

A Big Kid
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Breakfast at Tony's in general and, specifically, the big cinimon roll appetizer before breakfast.

Maleficent's Dad
11-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Snickerdoodles at the Main Street Bake Shop - been gone for 10 + years. :shake:

Beaver Tails in Canada. :cry:

And much more recently, just about the entire menu from the Cantina at the Mexican pavilion. I mean, seriously, a "pulled pork" burrito in Mexico? BBQ sauce?!?! :down:

Kaszia
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
The wild mushroom appetizerat R&C, beavertails, and the frenchtoast loaf from Main Street bakery. :cry:

azcavalier
11-10-2009, 09:51 AM
The ham and broccoli slaw sandwich at Columbia Harbor House in MK. It was good, and different. We still love to go there for the atmosphere (quiet, cool) and the menu is different than all other CS restaurants, but that was my favorite CS meal in all of WDW. And they pulled it. :(

elmjimmlm
11-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Breakfast at Boatwrights and the scalloped potatoes at Ohana...

SBETigg
11-10-2009, 09:57 AM
The ham and broccoli slaw sandwich at Columbia Harbor House in MK. It was good, and different. We still love to go there for the atmosphere (quiet, cool) and the menu is different than all other CS restaurants, but that was my favorite CS meal in all of WDW. And they pulled it. :(

That was a really excellent sandwich. I miss that, too. When I was a kid, I used to get the Pink Leilani at the Poly. It was a strawberry mocktail. I miss those. Yum.

The Grand Floridian Cafe used to serve fried pickles with everything at lunch. I love the Grand's signature sandwich (now called The Earl of Sandwiches), but it's not quite the same as it used to be, with the fried pickles.

passholderryan
11-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Up until about a year ago, they use to sell shots of Jägermeister at the beer stand outside of Germany. It went great with a beer and pretzel.

BriarRose0708
11-10-2009, 12:38 PM
1) Blackened catfish with cheesey polenta at Coral Reef
2) Mahi Mahi with Israeli cous cous at Coral Reef
3) Corn bread at Flame Tree BBQ
4) Frozen Cokes and slushies at POP food court

ThanxForNoticin
11-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Definitely the scalloped potatoes at 'OHana.

lockedoutlogic
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Every Single item on the Menu at the Concourse Steak House.....

because....frankly...the wave, well... :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
11-10-2009, 03:06 PM
mickey head brownies....the "new" ones are just drier than the good old ones in the mickey head shape -- I know they are supposed to be the same, but they aren't!

I also miss beavertails and the french toast loaf as well as the Nestle toll house cookie ice cream sandwiches at the snack carts.

ILoveLegos
11-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Salmon @ Tusker House
Nestles Chipwiches
Boatright's Breakfasts

Carolanne
11-10-2009, 07:56 PM
you can have the mashed potatoes, just ask for them instead of the risotto...:thumbsup:

I might try that this trip. I swear that I read somewhere Le Cellier wouldn't let you swap out the risotto for the mashed, but I could be mistaken. I never bothered to ask though, thinking it just wouldn't be done.

...as well as the Nestle toll house cookie ice cream sandwiches at the snack carts.

OMG, I'll have to pretend I didn't see this. DH looooves the Nestle Toll House cookie ice cream sandwich. We leave in 4 days & he mentioned he couldn't wait to get to WDW & enjoy his Nestle Toll House cookie ice cream sandwich. Yeah, he can have them here at home, but you know--ALL treats taste that much better in Disney :mickey:

Genie1953
11-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Man I know what you mean about Boatwright's breakfast. We will definitely miss that on our upcoming trip in April. We ate breakfast several times there back in 2005 and it was great!

PETE FROM NYC
11-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Breakfast at Tony's in general and, specifically, the big cinimon roll appetizer before breakfast.

I totally agree with this post, the family all loved that appetizer.
We also miss handwiches.

DizNee143
11-12-2009, 12:47 PM

DITTO!!
OMG i was sooo very very very dissappointment about this..when i was there in Sept..i dont understand why they got rid of it! it was always a tradition for me and my dad to get it..so sad to see it gone..
who knew when i was there last year in Oct would be the last time id ever have it..

darthmacho
11-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Am I the only one who misses the Garden Grill breakfast? I loved the "from the farm" and "down home" flavors. Spiced eggs, cheesy grits, sausage gravy...mmmmmm!:eat:

wdwfansince75
11-12-2009, 04:13 PM
The Sunday brunch at the Top of the World...The breakfast cinnimon rolls at Tony's....The Teriyaki burgers at the (now gone) Adventureland Veranda....and anything at the Concourse Steakhouse!

Carolanne
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
DITTO!!
OMG i was sooo very very very dissappointment about this..when i was there in Sept..i dont understand why they got rid of it! it was always a tradition for me and my dad to get it..so sad to see it gone..
who knew when i was there last year in Oct would be the last time id ever have it..

Whoa, whoa, whoa...the caramel corn is gone? When did that happen? I was there in Sept but didn't bother getting any because it didn't feel like caramel corn "time" & I figured I'd get it in Nov since it would be more fall-like then. Nooooo!

Lightning McQueen
11-13-2009, 12:31 AM
hot dogs from Pluto's Dog House in DTD!!

My family LOVED that place!! Does anyone else remember?

hubbyofadisneyholic
11-13-2009, 06:09 PM
My wife still misses the Monte Cristo sandwiches at Columbia Harbor House...:fit:

magicofdisney
11-13-2009, 06:25 PM
You can still pick up some caramel corn at HS.

...and the scalloped potatoes at Ohana...
Ditto.

OMG, I'll have to pretend I didn't see this. DH looooves the Nestle Toll House cookie ice cream sandwich. We leave in 4 days & he mentioned he couldn't wait to get to WDW & enjoy his Nestle Toll House cookie ice cream sandwich. Yeah, he can have them here at home, but you know--ALL treats taste that much better in Disney :mickey:
You can grab a close substitute at MK. At Sleepy Hollow you can get fresh baked cookies with a scoop of ice cream mashed between.

Gator
11-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Well, it's only been mentioned in passing a few times, but the best food now gone is

Beaver Tails

I only had it once, in 2004, but it was awesome. A person who said he was from Canada said to try one with maple sause. I got one with chocolate and maple, and it was as good as any thing I've ever tasted. They closed soon after that trip, and I've never been able to have another one. I wonder if I can get some from Schwann's or Costco or something?

mickeys_princess_mom
11-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Definitely the potatoes at Ohana's, and the french toast at Main Street Bakery, followed by the roast beef at ESPN club! I asked my DD on the last trip, "Is somebody following me around making a list?!":(

SandmanGStefani24
11-15-2009, 12:20 AM
this is just gonna sound plain silly, but I loved the wrong colored condiments at Cosmic Ray's when I ate there in 1995. (something like purple mayo, green mustard, ect...) It was one of the little things I loved. Too bad they don't do it, even if the Mrs wouldnt eat them for being the wrong color...lol :D

IamBelle
11-15-2009, 08:58 AM
I miss the spicy chicken pasta at Whispering Canyon. My sister got it a few years ago and let me try it, and I said that next year, I would get it. When we went back, I said I didn't even have to look at the menu, but it wasn't there. I asked the waitress and she said they changed the sauce!

Also, I never tried them, but I heard the beaver tails at the Canadian pavillion were really good!

TheMartellFamily
11-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Twinkie tiramisu from POP Century and the Goofy ice cream bar. My they rest in peace but it would be awesome if they were brought back!

luvdiznee
11-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Even the restaurant doesn't exist...At Concourse Steakhouse, I had the best (not sure of the exact name) braised beef ribs over grits but of course there was a lot more to it, such as the delish sauce, that I can't remember exactly.:cloud9: Anyone know where I can kind of get a replica of this? Maybe they just moved it to another restaurant. :confused:

Oh and can I say Tarzan. :cool:

KLD
11-15-2009, 04:39 PM
I miss the peanut butter mouse at Peco's Bills.

Big Kahuna
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
I so miss beavertails... Canada's contribution to world peace...:cloud9:

wonderalice23
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I miss those Beaver Tails, the Choco-Boba that I have not been able to get at the Lotus Blossom (still on those digital menus, but every time I ask its not there...), and clam chowder in the Bread Bowl at Columbia Harbor House! I'm sure theres more, but I can't think of them off hand!

jennipooh
12-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Corn Muffins at Flame Tree. I swear we had them during our Aug trip, but maybe it was Dec 08....All the new trip reports show plates sans corn muffins! :(

Figaro Fries from PVH. (They were gone from the menu on our Dec 08 trip, but they put some together for us anyway. August 09 trip we went in thinking they would do so for us again, but the cm's all looked at us like we were nuts. A really sweet girl and guy had never even heard of them, but they did ask the cooks for us! They couldn't oblige because there was no bacon there!!! DS was soooo sad....but we tried the Meatball sub and ds said it was his favorite mb sub at WDW....maybe it will still be there when we return summer 10!!!!)

LibertyTreeGal
12-14-2009, 01:23 AM
I miss the old Liberty Tree Tavern lunch entirely. Used to be my fave and now it isn't hardly worth the time and certainly not the credits.

Griddled pound Cake with Pecans has been mixed with the real Berry Shortcake and now it is Berries on pound cake. Two great tastes that are mediocre together :(

Capt_redshirt
12-14-2009, 08:42 PM
i use to love going to tomorrowland terrace noodle station. but now that its a seasonal place kind of makes me sad :( that was the one thing that i was really looking forward to when i was down in october

artyboy
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Lobster with vanilla sauce at Narcoosee's...sigh...it was so incredible, but at least I asked for (and got) the recipe when it was still on the menu...I've made it at home, but it's not quite as good as it was in the restaurant.

TikiLounger
12-17-2009, 01:58 PM
I REALLY miss the Kit Carson salad at Pecos Bill's. Really. It was one of the best salads I had ever eaten. Yummy lime dressing...I was so disappointed to find that they had changed the menu (a few of years ago). The first visit that I discovered the change, I asked for the dressing and someone behind the counter knew what I was talking about and gave me a little cup of it. Then? The next time we visited, no one knew what-the-heck I was talking about and I got the Ken's dressing packets. I was crushed.

luvdiznee
12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
...And the Sandwich from around the World at LTT...:cloud9:

Septbride2002
12-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I know your post is meant for specific things, but I have to say in general I miss how the dining was before WDW began pushing the Dining Plan down everyone's throats. Now everything is too homogenized. THe choices are so more limited as more of the menus seem exactly the same.

I do miss the queso fundido at San Angel Inn.

Huge Ditto

SuzieN
12-21-2009, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=Carolanne;1983032]I might try that this trip. I swear that I read somewhere Le Cellier wouldn't let you swap out the risotto for the mashed, but I could be mistaken. I never bothered to ask though, thinking it just wouldn't be done.

I subbed the cream cheese mashed potatoes for the risotto in October so, yes, it can be done!!! I really miss the combination platter at the Cantina, it was my very favorite CS meal in WDW......

Granny Jill A
12-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I miss the awesome burger at the Concourse Steakhouse.

And, I'll never forget the incredible scones served at the Rose & Crown back in 1995.

The GF tea comes close, but nothing compares to those delicious, hot, fresh scones served by a delightful English lass.

DisneyFr33k
12-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Ok, this may sound strange as I miss something not at any of the 4 main parks. Wolfgang's meatball dish at Wolfang Puck Cafe. It was to die for. They marinaded a giagantic meatball for 8 hours and put it on top of pasta. :cloud9: But ordering the ravioli with small meatballs is a good substitute.

ghost of christmas past
12-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow, I thought I would be the only one who mentioned the Monte Cristo at the Columbia House. Boy, was I ever disappointed whenver I found out they were gone. My favorite.

luvdiznee
12-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Ok, this may sound strange as I miss something not at any of the 4 main parks. Wolfgang's meatball dish at Wolfang Puck Cafe. It was to die for. They marinaded a giagantic meatball for 8 hours and put it on top of pasta. :cloud9:

WOW! I would love to see a picture of that!:D

Pan
01-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Ringnes :beer:

SillySymphony
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Whooo.... good thread. Funny how we equate our happiness with an extinct snack or meal.... but we do. Alrighty then.... here goes:

Beaver tails
Clam Chowder Bread Bowls
The "original" Adult Breakfast Platter@ CBR
Pineapple @ O'Hana's
Beaver tails (oh, right...)
Figaro Fries
Iced Coffee Dreams @ Forty Thirst Street
Anything from Juan and Only's

there are others.... but all I can think of are

Beaver tails....

Minniequinn
01-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Chicken Nachos at Animal Kingdom

DunkieKong
01-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Definitely miss the bread bowls at Columbia Harbor House, and also the snickerdoodles from main stree bake shop. Although, they did give out snickerdoodles at the christmas party a few years back.

RAIDER
01-05-2010, 03:35 AM
The crab cakes at Rainforest Cafe at DTD

luvdiznee
01-05-2010, 05:55 AM
Chicken Nachos at Animal Kingdom

I must ask...where in AK do you get these? :mickey:

Minniequinn
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
The chciken nachos were at a walk up cart before you walk over a bridge, but for the life of me I can't remember where. I just know they were awesome and when we went back the next year they didn't serve them anymore. It has been a few years now. very disappointing. .....sigh

luvdiznee
01-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Well thanks for that. Maybe they will be brought back someday or will show up elsewhere. They sound like something good to try. :mickey:

ShanPooh
01-12-2010, 02:58 AM
I miss the peanut butter mousse at Peco's Bills.

I second that!

I also miss the chili from Grand Floridian Cafe, that was only, oh, 15-20 years ago!

tinkerbelle75
01-12-2010, 09:11 AM
The rice and wontons at 'Ohana.

thesplashmountaineer
01-12-2010, 09:40 AM
"Strawberries!Strawberries!Strawberries!"
incredible dessert at California Grill

disney obsessed
01-12-2010, 07:45 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm...........
oooooooooooooo...............

coconut flan at expresso bakery in Epcot.

LittleLady
01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
I miss the Chicken Florentine at Tony's Town Square. :thumbsup:

brownie
01-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Huey, Dewey, and Louie Sundae from the old ice cream shop at Downtown Disney Marketplace. I was able to get the recipe so I can make it at home!

DoleWhip183
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I second the Monte Cristo at the Columbia House. It was such a great sandwich - deeeeelish!:eat:

LiloLovesTheKing26
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
On my original post I stated I missed the pepper jack cheese filled pretzels and MGM. Well when I was there in December they had them at Animal Kingdom!!!! They were soooo good too!

WorldTraveler
01-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Crepes Melba from Tony’s Town Square
Strawberry swirl from Enchanted Grove
Breakfast wheat pancakes with fruit compote from Artist Point
Cinnamon buns from original bakery in the Land
Chocolate cake from original bakery in the Land
Pineapple with caramel from O’hana
Most any brand of ice cream that used to be at the ice cream parlor on Main Street
Teriyaki Burgers from Adventure Land
Buffet at Polynesian over by the Neverland Club

luvdiznee
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Did I mention the delish Caribbean Barbecue Grouper at Olivia's. And their Buffalo Chicken soup. :cool:

TiggerCat
01-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Up until about a year ago, they use to sell shots of Jägermeister at the beer stand outside of Germany. It went great with a beer and pretzel.

Ewwwww - cough syrup. :ack: How about Ein Grosse Bier, Bitter. :thumbsup:

TC.

TiggerCat
01-15-2010, 08:20 PM
I so miss beavertails... Canada's contribution to world peace...:cloud9:

Now it's poutine. New York is going crazy for a little cheese and gravy with their fries!

TC.

TiggerCat
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
This thread is making me very hungary......

I miss the land salad from the Land Pavillion. A fresh garden salad with succulent chicken. Mmmmmmmmm.

TC.