PDA

View Full Version : BTMRR v. EE

beksy
11-08-2009, 10:34 AM
We are headed back to the world at the end of December. When we went in October my mom, who has back problems, was able to do Splash with no problem and BTMRR once per day (the jarring and jerking made her worry that more than once would be too much). She has not been on EE and I have only been on it once over a year ago. So, my question is, how do the two compare? My mind is failing me and I can't remember how jerky EE is in comparison to BTMRR. Drops and twists aren't a problem for her but the jerkiness (like going up the first big hill on BTMRR) are what get her. Any help would be appreciated! :mickey:

GoBlueLacheta
11-08-2009, 10:39 AM
You are more controlled in the EE ride vehicle. BTMRR seems to shift your weight into whomever you are sitting next to and that can add to the jerkiness. The only thing that is more jerky about EE is when you are going backwards the lateral G forces are pretty intense and it can be a bit jerky.

Mrs Bus Driver
11-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe you should ride it first before you put mom on it then you would know for sure. IMHO she should ride it once per day or not at all. As a person with some back problems I ride all Disney coasters with no issues as often as I want, but that is just me and I don't know how bad your Mom's back is. :mickey:

Lakin
11-08-2009, 11:52 AM
EE isn't really that jerky. It's a pretty smooth ride! :]

BluewaterBrad
11-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Maybe you should ride it first before you put mom on it then you would know for sure. IMHO she should ride it once per day or not at all. As a person with some back problems I ride all Disney coasters with no issues as often as I want, but that is just me and I don't know how bad your Mom's back is. :mickey:

Good idea!:mickey:

Zawadi
11-08-2009, 01:37 PM
It wouldn't be right to answer to state if somebody else could do a ride.

All I can state is that I've got minor lower back issues and find EE much more comfortable than BTMRR as the back of EE's seats go to shoulder height.

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-08-2009, 05:47 PM
That's like comparing K-Mart to Gucci. Expedition Everest goes considerably faster and has much larger drops than BTMRR for sure, but on the flipside it's also much newer. Unlike BTMRR which uses one restraint for every passenger in a row, EE uses individual restraints meaning you are much more secure in your own seat. The roughness is also virtually nonexistant on EE, it's a very smooth ride...which, considering the track design was done by Vekoma is very surprising.

phillydan
11-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I have never found EE to be jerky; the only weird thing for me is the backward motion - not a big fan of that sensation.

In my opinion, if your body can survive the extremely jerky BTMRR, then you would be fine on EE. Good Luck.

Briansmom
11-08-2009, 08:05 PM
In my opinion, if your body can survive the extremely jerky BTMRR, then you would be fine on EE.

I totally agree! I LOVE BTMRR and was very nervous about riding EE this last trip. But I sucked it up and did it and was completely surprised by how smooth it was. And I'm ready to go back on it next time! :coaster:

Good luck!:mickey:

mom2morgan
11-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I have found Big Thunder to aggravate my own back, but have had no such problems with EE. I find it much more comfortable - and since I'm not continually trying to brace myself, I have much more fun. Now, if you REALLY want to wreck someone's back put them on Dinosaur at AK. OMG - never again!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I have to agree the EE was a really smooth ride. BTMRR is so much jerkier.

MushuGrl
11-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Another agreeing on smooth EE. I have no problems on EE, but find myself sliding down in the seat on BTMRR and have to scoot myself backup into sitting position several times during the ride. Not a problem on EE.

JabberJaws
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM
EE, being a newer coaster, is quite smooth. There are a few G-force moments, but the jerkiness and such is nowhere near BTMRR.

Imagineer1981
11-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Agreed, BTMRR tends to lurch and jerk when going up hills and sometimes down them. EE has none of those issues