PDA

View Full Version : Going in June...want opinions on dining choices...

disney1122
11-07-2009, 10:50 AM
We are staying at Bay Lake Tower and will be eating in some meals....4 adults, 2 kids

Let me know opinions on our choices and if we should switch to something else...my thought was maybe to switch out Chef Mickey's for Le Cellier at Epcot??...thanks!!!

Breakfasts
-Kona Cafe
-Olivia's

DInners
-Teppan Edo
-Rainforest Cafe (DD)
-O'hana
-Chef Mickey's
-1900 Park Fare

*I'm not 100% sold on Chef Mickey's for dinner (eaten there for breakfast and loved it...not sure on dinner) and haven't heard great things about 1900 Park Fare. (???)

Thank you!!!

ElenitaB
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
If you're not sure re: 1900 Park Fare, how about the Grand Floridian Cafe? I've only heard good things about it.

green ranger
11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
I personally would substitute something else for 1900 Park Fare. We weren't too thrilled with it.
We've been to LeCellier twice and both times really enjoyed it.

buzznwoodysmom
11-07-2009, 12:42 PM
1900 Park Fair was 100% the worst meal we've ever had in WDW. Maybe one of the worst meals we've ever had anywhere. We were a party of 15 for a dinner and not one person in our group enjoyed it. I'd switch that one out for something else.

rhonary
11-07-2009, 01:03 PM
We really liked GF Cafe for breakfast...La Cellier ya can't go wrong either. Thought CM was Ok for breakfast...so so for me as far as dinner...

Tinkermom
11-07-2009, 01:26 PM
1900 Park Fair was 100% the worst meal we've ever had in WDW. Maybe one of the worst meals we've ever had anywhere. We were a party of 15 for a dinner and not one person in our group enjoyed it. I'd switch that one out for something else.

OK - I thought we were the only ones who thought this! We went about 2 years ago and when we walked in I noticed the carpet had stains, and the whole place just looked like it needed a major refurb. I was shocked but I figured the food would at least be ok but I was WRONG! The pasta was cold and had dried around the edges from sitting too long, the rest of the food was not much better (at least the food that was replaced). The set up for the buffet was crazy as part of it was in a corner and people were just everywhere trying to get in and out with their food. I saw that bannanas foster was on the buffet for dessert and thought, ok maybe I will just skip to dessert but the bannanas again had been cooked WAY to long and had sat WAY too long and were just horrible! How can you mess up bannanas, sugar and butter??

The ONLY good thing about this place was the characters. The mice cracked us up as they kept messing with my 2 boys who were 10 and 12 at the time. Our DD also loved her time with Cinderella.

I am usually willing to give a restaurant another chance even after a bad meal but we will NEVER again try 1900 Park Fare!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Not sure which to cancel, but you definitely can't go wrong booking LeCellier:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
11-07-2009, 06:54 PM
OK - I thought we were the only ones who thought this! We went about 2 years ago

Our one and only dining experience here was about 2 years ago as well. It was in Nov. of 2007. A good friend had recommended it to us and couldn't believe it when we all said how horrible it was. The friend returned the following Feb. and said she was so embarassed that she had recommended it to us, as on their second trip to 1900 Park Fair it was just awful. I agree the characters where a hoot, but the food left a lot to be desired, and that's a huge understatment. We didn't like Le Cellier much either the first time we ate there, but were willing to give it another try. The second time around was much better, but still not as good as we were expecting. Boma was another place we didn't care for, but I'll give it another try again one day. I almost always give any place two tries before deciding that we'll never go again. However, 1900 is a place that won't get a second chance from us, it was that bad.

disney1122
11-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks everyone....

Based off this, I will be changing my mind on 1900 Park Fare!!! I have some switching around to do!

Thanks!

Bellewannabe
11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
We like Le Celliar, never been to Park Faire. Why not try something more exotic - we love Marrakesh. DH and DS love the entertainment

JohnnyNovo
11-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Good move. We ignored the warnings about Park Fare in August and we were diddspointed. We will never go there again uless drastic improvements are made. I dont think its bad but it dosent meet the standards the other Disney restaurants set. I would go with LeCellier or Whispering Canyon is good also.