PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Clam Bake

kkbrew
11-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Anyone have a review of the Cape May Clam Bake (buffet dinner)? My son wants to try crab legs and I have only found them on this menu. How's the food?

Thanks! :mickey:

clausjo
11-07-2009, 10:53 AM
We went here in July for my mom's 60th birthday. We all really enjoyed it. Everything was very tasty and if something was running low, it was refilled right away. My daughter is 7 and will not eat any fish except microwaved fish sticks :ack: had a great meal as well. The kids selection is good and she also had some of the carved pork loin. I swear my son (10) ate 5 dozen steamed clams! Desserts were wonderful as well. Me and the kids are going back in February for a couple of days and they both asked to eat there again.

kkbrew
11-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Great, thanks for the wonderful review! I can't wait!!

DisneyFr33k
11-07-2009, 03:10 PM
We LOVED the food - there are non-seafood options too, but we loved it all. And, the desserts were to DIE for - the best dessert buffet we've ever been to!!

jonahbear2006
11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
its a very vast buffet. We didnt eat here, however, we stayed at the beach club and walked past it to go to the pool everyday and wished we did get a reservation here. It smelled delish and we had passed it up cause i didnt feel the menu was very large but looking at it with my eyes I was pleasantly suprised.

mom2morgan
11-08-2009, 04:11 PM
We thought it was fine, but nothing special. Not bad if he wants to try some seafood, though - and my landlubber daughter found plenty of other options to eat.

SillySymphony
11-08-2009, 08:12 PM
We've had dinner here in the past and have found many items to be good. That being said, if you are familiar with a true New England Clam Bake (Boil) you will wonder where the flavor went. This is a very sterile version of what we enjoy all summer long. The clams tend to be on the bland side, having been washed so often to cleanse them of any possible trace of sand that the "sea flavor" has been eradicated, too. There are other choices such as a good Florida fresh fish (often Mahi or Grouper) and that can be tasty. The crab legs are fine and are pre-cracked which is a blessing. We enjoyed the Clam Chowder and the other salad bar items. The dessert offerings are fine. I won't give away the fun "twist" that begins each meal, but it's pretty stndard up here on the Cape. Enjoy !