PDA

View Full Version : epcot parking

JacobsMama
11-06-2009, 08:04 AM
We are not staying on-site, and I'm wondering where's the best place to park for Epcot. I heard the rush to leave after Illuminations is hectic and taking the ferry is better, but if we're not staying on-site, where can we park other than the regular parking lot? Also, what do these paint bushes look like that you can find? Thanks

clausjo
11-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Epcot doesn't have a ferry, only a tram that takes you to your parking area. The ferry and monorail are in the Magic Kingdom. You can take a monorail between Epcot and MK, but not to the parking area of Epcot.

I'm not completely sure about the paintbrushes, but from what I've read on Intercot, they're on Tom Sawyers Island hidden. I'm sure someone else will come along and give more details.

DisneyFanaticDargon
11-06-2009, 10:35 AM
The thing about Epcot's parking lot is that generally if you get there early enough your car is within a reasonable walking distance anyway. Unless you're going during a peak period if you go in the morning and stay all day you shouldn't even need a tram to get to your car.

Getting out of the park after Illuminations though is a different story.

ILoveLegos
11-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Epcot's parking lot is nice, I was once wondering all over it looking for my car! Don't forget where you parked!

ThanxForNoticin
11-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes, the crowds after Illuminations will be hectic, but it's just part of enjoying the show. You probably have 2 options for parking while staying off-site. Park on the EPCOT lot and grab your car after Illuminations - OR - park at the Magic Kingdom and take the monorail to EPCOT. Then after Illuminations, you'd catch a monorail back to MK for your car. I don't think the second option buys you much, but it is an alternative.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
11-07-2009, 12:04 AM
The ferry and the paint brushes are both associated with the Magic Kingdom. Getting out of the parking lot at Epcot isn't that bad. The MK is worse.

brownie
11-07-2009, 11:00 AM
If you get there before the park opens, you should be within walking distance of the entrance gates to the park. We've generally been able to walk to the gates instead of using the trams when we get there first thing in the morning.

Imagineer1981
11-09-2009, 02:43 PM
As everyone has said, EPCOT's lot is very easy to walk to and from, and in general, the tram lines aren't nearly as bad as they are at MK because of this