PDA

View Full Version : Learned Something New - Fast Pass

DisneyFr33k
11-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Upon finding a paintbrush on Tom Sawyers Island, we were asked about which ride we wanted to FP - Big Thunder or Spash Mtn. When my DS and I picked BTM, we were handed 2 fast passes that had 9:00-9:55 on it. It was 10:30 when we got them. I know I sounded dumb, but I said "these expired". The CM told me that FP's are accepted any time that day after the initial window. Another guest waiting in line behind us confirmed this too. When we went to go use them, the CM standing at the FP entrance to BTMRR said "someone found a paintbrush"!

So, unless I misunderstood what they were saying, I learned something new - you can use your FP any time after the window listed on them? I guess old dogs do learn new tricks!!!

Disney4us2
11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
You can use the FP at any time after the time posted on the ticket. I have been doing that for years at Disnyland and on our trips to WDW.

You just can't use them before the return time or the next day.

buzznwoodysmom
11-05-2009, 02:39 PM
We always use our fast passes during our window of time given, it just seems curtious to not be late. LOL. However, on one occasion we got fast passes and the time printed was going to be during our dinner ADR so we asked a CM if there was any way to "trade" them in for a time that would be after our ADR. The CM told us that anytime after the printed time was going to be fine.

Joannelet
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
omg I'm sooo excited by your post because they are still doing the paintbrush!? I was wondering if they were still doing this!!!

tesslor
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Wow! I learned something new too! I remember running on several occassions to make a fastpass time window, not to mention tossing a couple that we didn't make in time.

Thanks for the lesson! :thumbsup:

vicster
11-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the great tip - that's something I didn't know!

darthmacho
11-05-2009, 03:45 PM
That is a very important detail. So much less panic and clock watching this way. :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
11-05-2009, 03:47 PM
omg I'm sooo excited by your post because they are still doing the paintbrush!? I was wondering if they were still doing this!!!

Yes, my DD found a brush on the steps leading up to the windmill. Another person found one propped up next to a fence. And, another good spot to hide one is in the bucket on the well in Tom Saywer's island fort!

I was told to take the first boat, but others have said the CM's re-hide them later.....

Good Luck!!

AllDisney
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I had NO idea:party:

Dsnygirl
11-05-2009, 11:46 PM
:mickey: Yup, we just discovered that last year, and it was GREAT knowing that on our last trip! We'd basically gather FP's in the morning for the attractions we really wanted to ride more than once, going back and forth to gather whichever ones we wanted whenever a new FP window opened up. Then, in the afternoon and the lines got long, we'd just start using them and the CM's said this was the best way to use them! It allowed us to do stand-by on the popular rides in the am, catch some of the less popular/always walk-on rides after that and then go for the popular/wetter rides in the heat of the day, once again walking on with our FP's. Wish we'd learned it sooner!! :thumbsup:

(Also -- we had friends joining us one day, and by collecting the FP's, they were then able to ride with us once they arrived, as our time together was going to be very short. It worked out great, and we did ask to make sure it was okay for them to use of FP's, and the CM's said it was fine! :))