PDA

View Full Version : Sams Club & WDW

A Big Kid
11-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I received a Sam's Club catelog in my local newspaper. On the inside cover was an advertisement for a Disney wedding. It wasa steal at $198,000!

Do people really pay that much for weddings?

My wedding cost me $35 22 years ago, and I am not sure we have sent $198,000 during that time!

Joannelet
11-05-2009, 02:31 PM
They sure do!!!
Especially people up here in NJ and NYC...it gets a little out of hand.

Ms. Mode
11-05-2009, 03:00 PM
We went to VA, the cost of a tank of gasoline and the breakfast bar at Shoney's, dinner was a cheese sandwich at home.....priceless :thumbsup:

20 years ago November 8th

GrumpyFan
11-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I received a Sam's Club catelog in my local newspaper. On the inside cover was an advertisement for a Disney wedding. It wasa steal at $198,000!

:jaw: WOW!!! That's crazy! What all was included for that much?

SBETigg
11-05-2009, 03:22 PM
It sounds crazy to me, but some people are paying that for Bat Mitvahs and Sweet Sixteen parties these days, too. My wedding twenty years ago cost more than I should have spent as it is. To redo it, I would have doubled the time on my Disney honeymoon and got married barefoot on a beach somewhere, just the two of us.

vicster
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Ivanka Trump just got married and I can't imagine what her wedding cost - 500 guests.

Sunshine1010
11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
My wedding?...free. When to the Mayor and asked him to marry us, and he did for free. Our appt was for 11am. By 11:30 we were out. Had a friend videotape it for us and he took pictures afterwards. Total cost of tape: $5.00. Gotta Love It.

ILoveLegos
11-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Not everyone in NJ is that extravagant! My best friend just got married mid October and her cost was 83 cents per head, for 216 guests. She called it pot-luck - buffet style, LOL! It turned out fun, but it was a lot of work for her "bridal party" - :blush:.

Another NJ friend of mine was invited to "the" Disney World wedding that the food Network featured a few years ago on the TV Special, the one with Sandra Pinkney as a host and featuring Tara as the bride. At the end of the special, they give the cost of the wedding @ about 100K dollars. My friend said it was fabulous and she sure looked happy on television dancing with Mickey Mouse, LOL!

Both weddings were certainly opposite ends of the expense extremes. I'm sure they were both amazing, in their own way. Thankfully in the end the cost of the wedding does not buy happiness! :mickey:

missymouseworld
11-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Here you go....$198,000 Only one available

Your package for two includes:
• A Two (2) Day Planning Session with dedicated Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding Wedding Planner and a meeting with David Tutera for the Bride and Groom
• Four (4) nights deluxe accommodations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa for the Bride and Groom, to be used during the wedding event
• Four (4) days Royal Treatment with Disney’s Special Activity Host/Hostess for 8 hours per day, to be used during the Wedding event
• Transportation for the Bride and Groom and Wedding Guests the day of the Wedding for the Ceremony and Reception
• Photography and Videography package for the Wedding Ceremony and Reception from Disney Fine Art Photography
• Save-the-Date and Wedding Invitations
• Custom-designed Ceremony, Dinner Reception and Dessert Party for 50 Guests to include floral, décor, entertainment and menus

Ceremony Details:
• Once-in-a-lifetime wedding ceremony inside Magic Kingdom® Park during park hours with Cinderella Castle as your backdrop
• Everything begins at Swan Boat Landing where draped chiffon, flowers and ribbons create a lovely space. In this charming spot within the Magic Kingdom® Park, with Cinderella Castle as your backdrop, your ceremony is staged.
-Draped chiffon fabric and flower balls grace your ceremony space while swaged chiffon and flower balls adorn the railings. More chiffon and garlands wrap the poles, finishing off the look.
-An alter piece or unity arrangement adorns the ceremony area and topiaries grace either side of the water railing
Chiavari chairs, decorated with flower balls and trailing ribbons await your Guests. -A “Just Married” sign and flower garland hangs from the back of the landeau coach marketing this momentous occasion

Reception Details:
• Custom-designed dinner reception in a secret location, surrounded by Disney magic
• Set in the mysterious backstage area of Magic Kingdom® Park, your reception will delight and amaze your family and friends. Here, everyone enjoys dinner surrounded by Disney’s magical Parade Floats. Then, to cap it all off, you experience a private viewing of Wishes Nighttime Spectacular!
-The Bride and Groom arrive on a float adorned with parade dancers
-The dancers perform a parade-style musical number created just for the Bride and Groom
-A delicious dinner is prepared by our award-winning Disney Chefs is served backstage at the Magic Kingdom® Park Parade Float Area
-Following dinner, Guests will dance the night away among the Parade Floats
-From the Parade Float Garage, the Bride and Groom, along with their Guests, will be able to step outside to see “Wishes” Fireworks Spectacular from this backstage vantage point!

mjaclyn
11-09-2009, 08:02 AM
$198,000 for 50 guests?? Man that's alot. LOL I've always wanted a Disney wedding but when I got married my parents said we could do a small WDW wedding (with immediate family only) or a larger wedding here, plus whoever came would have to pay for their own flights and tickets to WDW. We opted to stay here and had a gorgeous wedding with all of our friends. :-) It was still 'small-ish' compared to the amount of people some of my friends have had over the years. I think ours was about 130 people at (I think) $85 per person. That didn't include extras like the limo, flowers, etc. And that was back in 2001. A friend of mine just got married this past January, and only had a cocktail hour (no open bar) and a cake and it still cost her like $50 per person. Weddings aren't cheap! A few people around here will rent a fire hall or town hall and have it catered by a local restaurant or make the food themselves. That usually saves a lot of money as well.

thrillme
11-09-2009, 02:01 PM
I think ridiculous about covers it. But then I've watched "Platinum Weddings" occasionally and I can't wrap my head around what they spend. ESPECIALLY when I think of how that money could be used elsewhere and how many trips to Disney that would be for the family.

My first wedding invited 300 guests, we had barbeque, beer and a band. Barbeque was a bargin because of the business my father gave them for "other" functions ($2 a head) and the band was an old friend so I don't think we paid much at all the beer was also through connections with another friend so the kegs were free. I don't think we spent $5,000 and I thought THAT was ridiculous. My second wedding (my first husband passed away)...was about $250 (gratuity for pastor, nice clothing, and snacks/champagne).

I guess a wedding is a once in a lifetime event but...the important thing is being joined with the one you love for a lifetime. I think lately things have gotten a little out of hand.

DizneyRox
11-12-2009, 07:37 AM
$198,000 actually doesn't sound all that bad for what they are offering. We dropped close to $35K a number of years ago for about 45 people and were "confined" to the Wedding Pavillion and the Grand Floridian.

caryrae
12-02-2009, 06:36 PM
$198,000 actually doesn't sound all that bad for what they are offering. We dropped close to $35K a number of years ago for about 45 people and were "confined" to the Wedding Pavillion and the Grand Floridian.

I have to agree, for all you get that is listed it sounds kinda fun.