PDA

View Full Version : Hallmark open House weekend

julyjewel
11-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I love collecting the Hallmark Keepsake ornaments. This year, I got something different in the mail. If I go to my local Hallmark store this weekend (I'm a Gold Crown Member)...If I spend 440, I have a coupon that entitles to a free gift of a $50 value. I'd like to see what you get in the giftbox but hope it's not a bunch of junk that they can't get rid of. Has anyone ever got one of these before. if you have, give me an idea as to what you got as your special gift.

julyjewel
11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Did anyone know about the Hallmark Ruby Slipper ornament back in July? I just heard of it. I wis I could have got one for my daughter. I got her the Dorothy ornamant so far.

RedSoxFan
11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I got the same coupon and will be buying my birthday and Christmas cards on Saturday to get my free gift. I go every year. You usually get a bag of goodies including an ornament.

MNNHFLTX
11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Did you mean that if you spend $40 you get the gift bag(worth $50)? I received a flyer last year with a similar offer but not this year, so far. :\

julyjewel
11-05-2009, 06:03 PM
What else do you get besides an ornament...

PirateLover
11-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know if this is the same thing but my mom is a HUGE Hallmark spender and every year she gets a free gift bag with various goodies. Sometimes they include mood setting cds, candles, basic ornaments, there's been a self help book, and sometimes she is actually gifted the singing snowman for the year. Granted, the people at the store know her well and sometimes give her "extra" goodies so I'm not sure what a typical gift would be.

RedSoxFan
11-05-2009, 07:27 PM
I've gotten ornaments, cheese plates and other stuff that I can't remember. It's a nice little gift bag.

Katzateer
11-05-2009, 09:15 PM
It is up to the stores what they give in the bags but they usually have great items in the bags

RedSoxFan
11-07-2009, 01:58 PM
The following was in my gift bag this morning: 2009 penguin ornament, christmas napkins, christmas recipe box, cube of christmas paper, christmas hot plate and christmas photo cube. Not bad and I got my christmas and birthday cards bought for the rest of the year and picked up some more ornaments as well.

alphamommy
11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Hmpf! I spent $65 today, and I didn't get the gift bag. I got a coupon in the mail for a free snack plate if I spent more than $25, and I got that.

I was disappointed at my local Hallmark, because they didn't have any boxed Shoebox Christmas cards! They did have 2 styles that were left over from last year, but neither were to my liking (not appropriate for most of the people I send cards to). Guess I'll have to go to a different store to find them!