PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Brown Derby...

phlo8810
11-05-2009, 10:30 AM
We have an adr for the brown derby at 6:10 for next thursday. Will we have enough time to catch fantasmic at 8? Also, my father will be in a wheelchair or ecv does fantasmic have a special section for handicapped?

TheDuckRocks
11-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Handicap seating/parking is the back row, but don't worry you can see just fine from there and your family sits close at hand. I have heard that there is some seating at the front of the theater but I've not been seated there.

Ms. Mode
11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
I love The Brown Derby, make sure you try the Grapefruit Cake:thumbsup:

MOJoe
11-05-2009, 11:47 AM
You may have a problem seeing Fantasmic, depending on how crowded it is next week. There have been many reports of Fantasmic filling up lately, and if there is only one show that night, you may not get in. If there are two shows, see the second one.

On the other hand, the Brown Derby is one of the best restaurants in WDW. This is not the kind of place that you will want to rush through your meal. As much as i enjoy Fantasmic, i would skip it and enjoy a meal at the Brown Derby rather than trying to rush at the chance to do both.
Enjoy the Brown Derby, and if you get in Fantasmic, great. But don't ruin your meal just to hurry up, get in that horrid line, taking the chance you get turned away.

tink2006
11-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Do they still offer the Fantasmic dinner package? If so, the Brown Derby was on the list of restaraunts. This would give you access to a reserved section. I agree with PP - the Brown Derby is an incredible place to eat. IMHO, one of the best!

phlo8810
11-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have eaten at brown derby many times before and I love it. It wasn't until last week when I noticed a second show added to fantasmic that I changed our 4:15 dinner at sci-fi to the brown derby at 6:10. the original fantasmic was 6:30. We couldn't get a dinner package so I picked sci-fi cause I know its quick, but who wants to eat at 4oclock. My dad has never been to BD so I figured with the later showtime I will bring him there. Hope it works out. Only three more days til we go, I feel like i've overchecked everytrhing this time, but I think I'm ready