PDA

View Full Version : Turkey leg questions...

thesplashmountaineer
11-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Is there anywhere outside of the parks where I can get a turkey leg (downtown Disney or at a resort???) ???

I really want to try this!!!

also my wife thinks it looks disgusting and doesn't want me to get one... do you think it is worth a divorce?:wave:

vicster
11-05-2009, 11:13 AM
It is definitely worth a divorce!

Ms. Mode
11-05-2009, 11:25 AM
What is it with guys and the turkey leg:confused:

I'm with your DW, they look disgusting:ack:

buzznwoodysmom
11-05-2009, 11:34 AM
I always chuckle when I see men chowing down on those things. They look so "caveman".

vicster
11-05-2009, 11:46 AM
I always chuckle when I see men chowing down on those things. They look so "caveman".

Oh but they're sooooooooo good!!! Better than the legs on your Thanksgiving turkey.

rubato
11-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I am a female and love to eat turkey legs! I don't know if it's worth a divorce though. You'll have to let us know.

Joannelet
11-05-2009, 01:47 PM
My hubby and sister were sooo disappointed when they had theirs...they said it was sooo dried out and not worth all the hype. Then my hubby just thought it was a bad one that he got in MK and tried it again at Epcot and he seriously took a couple of bites of it and threw it out. :( Sadly disappointed....

CiaoBella312
11-05-2009, 01:56 PM
My husband "likes" the turkey leg; I don't particularly care for them. First, they don't taste like turkey, they are smoked and taste more like ham. The one I had was very greasy. Not worth a divorce LOL but maybe you can send her to get something and sneak one.

Good luck!

Disney4us2
11-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I tried one at Disneyland two weeks ago for the first time.... and the last. It was horrible:ack:. I don't know if they are different from WDW's but I won't be trying one on our next trip there either. They look much better than they taste.

TheRustyScupper
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
It is definitely worth a divorce!

1) Only if you don't live in a Community Property state.
2) Giving up 1/2 your worth is one thing.
3) But, she might demand 1/2 of the Turkey Leg.

SBETigg
11-05-2009, 02:50 PM
My husband "likes" the turkey leg; I don't particularly care for them. First, they don't taste like turkey, they are smoked and taste more like ham. The one I had was very greasy. Not worth a divorce LOL but maybe you can send her to get something and sneak one.

Good luck!

Yes, and all those tendons make them practically impossible to eat. They're messy and tough. But you have to try it once to know. I think your wife should join in the fun. It might be a problem finding them outside the parks. I've seen them at MK and DHS, and I guess they also have them at AK and Epcot, but I can't recall ever seeing them outside the parks, and can't find them on any listings for Downtown Disney or resort restaurants. Good luck!

Mysttree
11-05-2009, 05:03 PM
My DH & I share at least one turkey leg each visit!! :yummy:
We use it as a light meal when we know we're going to be having a big meal later!
We LOVE them! But I've never had one that wasn't hot & fresh.
I wouldn't chance a divorce--but I don't have to!

I would get her to go on a ride or something & go get one if they really gross her out.

momef3grls
11-06-2009, 08:33 AM
it is ham. My daughter is a chef for them and it isn't turkey. Come on have you ever seen a turkey that big:secret:.

Scar
11-06-2009, 09:48 AM
It's Emu. I know it's true because I read it on the internet.

DZNYGUY
11-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Is there anywhere outside of the parks where I can get a turkey leg (downtown Disney or at a resort???) ???

I really want to try this!!!

also my wife thinks it looks disgusting and doesn't want me to get one... do you think it is worth a divorce?:wave:

Of course, we all (well, mostly all) love the turkey legs! To get back to your original question, though, I am not aware of any place you can get them outside one of the resorts...good luck though!

Pally
11-06-2009, 12:54 PM
You can get a two pack in Nova Scotia at Costco.:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Turkey legs are popular at Ren Fests - you know those events where knights are portrayed by guys named "Irving" and gals that all to anxious back in high school are now scandalous wenches.

kemps@wdw
11-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Looks can be deceiving! Maybe she should try one too!

AmandaChan
11-11-2009, 02:41 AM
I don't think it's really any different than turkey at Thanksgiving!

Once she tries it she won't care how it looks.

MinnieMommie
11-11-2009, 06:46 AM
My tiny daughter eats one herself on each trip (so not just a guy thing). They really are something to try especially if you like turkey legs (and they really are turkey legs). We get them every year in the parks but now that I think about it we have never outside of the parks. Hummm...good suggestion for DD.

Give it a try - your wife will be fine (and may decide to taste and find she likes it). :thumbsup:

Belle_0717
11-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Dad and 3yo nephew will be getting one tomorrow at MK. I have seen them at DS & EPCOT. I don't remember them at AK but I could be wrong. I'm not aware of them at DTD or a resort.